In today’s edition of The Clarion Ledger sucks

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
After a big win over Florida that might’ve sealed an NCAA Tournament invite, the Ledger reporter asked Jans if the team has a gun policy and then wrote a story about it. You know, because we’re playing Alabama tomorrow. Shaking my head.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Not really. 40 years ago we were getting the same treatment from them that we get today. Bought my very last CL in about 1983. Ever since then they can take their paper and stick it where the sun doesn’t shine.
Bought my last one in about 1995. We always got the same from them. It used to be a decent paper otherwise though. I read it nearly every day from about 1986 till 95.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
After a big win over Florida that might’ve sealed an NCAA Tournament invite, the Ledger reporter asked Jans if the team has a gun policy and then wrote a story about it. You know, because we’re playing Alabama tomorrow. Shaking my head.
They really should be banned from our press conferences. 17rs!

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Bought my last one in about 1995. We always got the same from them. It used to be a decent paper otherwise though. I read it nearly every day from about 1986 till 95.
I think it was 1998 or 1997. I was coming back from walking to the end of the driveway to grab our daily edition of the rag. I opened it and started reading as I walked back into the house. The first thing I saw in the sports section was another smart-*** story on Mississippi State. They were obviously making stories completely against us and just were writing some thinly veiled hit piece that was slanted completely like we were very inferior, no matter what sport it was or how well we were doing. I walked in and canceled immediately, and my wife never cared because she said they didn't print anything she wanted except the crossword puzzle. I never renewed after that or bought one off the stand. I moved to Texas and 2007 and I probably only looked at that rag a few dozen times over the years on the Internet usually just to get a score from high school ball.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
He should have said it doesn't make any difference because shooting isn't one of our strong suits as it is for a team like bama.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Not really. 40 years ago we were getting the same treatment from them that we get today. Bought my very last CL in about 1983. Ever since then they can take their paper and stick it where the sun doesn’t shine.
Not all heroes wear capes**

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
What a stupid @SS question...hope Jans remembers that d0uchebag's face to ignore in the future. Jans' look on his face tells the reality.
On the other side of the coin, it was an opportunity to address the elephant in the room of having a player involved in a shooting/killing (yes, delivering a gun is INVOLVED) and said player is still playing, shows what sort of moral compass bama is guided by...just wins. No morals.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
I would have said that "My team hasn't been affected by guns like Alabama has." And I like the idea of a kevlar vest that says "Say her name: Jamea Harris." I would also have said that I was scared that if we won what the retribution would be like and that I was scared for my team. Yes, I'd likely get in trouble and have to pay a fine, but I'd get a lot more people talking about it and that may make the NCAA and/or the SEC finally take some sort of action against their favored team.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
“This is maroon, not crimson. Next question.”

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I didn’t take it as a bad question. I‘m hoping that he’s building up a story to attack Bama‘s bb team by gathering other schools’ policies.
Also, it was asked by Al.com, not the CL.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Is Brandon Miller's final pass to Darius Miles on that unfortunate night counted as an "assist" on Alabama's player stats official record? I suppose that comment is pretty unseemly, it is, but it isn't as bad as what Alabama and the SEC and NCAA are allowing to happen. Thus my comment.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login