In True MSU fashion

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
We already know the D is playing better. Parson will ball out and we will beat TAMU, USM and play OM to a one-possession game into the 4th. Arnett will be back next year.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Frightening times indeed. IIRC, Simpleton had just given him an extension in 2007.

There's hope for Arnett, there was absolutly no hope for Croom.
The Ninja was so quiet in 2008 that no one knew what he was going to do. Croom getting fired came as a shock to everyone. Then, when he announced Mullen…shock again.

Hopefully Selmon follows that pattern….

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Hard to comprehend why people think the defense is playing better. I even saw a story written about how the defense is not good in the first half and then they get going in the second. The player interviewed said we just gotta come out fast. Maybe it's because the other team is up by 24 in the first half and they play ball control in the second. They are running clock cause we aren't gonna score. C'mon people

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
Hard to comprehend why people think the defense is playing better. I even saw a story written about how the defense is not good in the first half and then they get going in the second. The player interviewed said we just gotta come out fast. Maybe it's because the other team is up by 24 in the first half and they play ball control in the second. They are running clock cause we aren't gonna score. C'mon people
For an engineering school we seem to be short on logic

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
If you don't think the D is playing better since the WMU/Open date, I don't know what to tell you.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah. They dominated Auburn and Kentucky. Well...in the second half. You gonna tell me they shut one of them down ? All you need to do is look at first half stats. If that's good to you idk what to tell you. Maybe they will shut A&M down today. But I bet they play better after halftime

Reactions: blitz2Win

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Yeah. They dominated Auburn and Kentucky. Well...in the second half. You gonna tell me they shut one of them down ? All you need to do is look at first half stats. If that's good to you idk what to tell you. Maybe they will shut A&M down today. But I bet they play better after halftime
How anybody could be arguing for Arnett to return at this point is beyond belief. he’s really bad and there is no questing that.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Or they realize if they blow us out too much, we might actually fire our coach. Some 3D chess going on here

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
For those wanting to keep Arnept as DC, the D is almost identical to last year per the stats. We're giving up around 2.5pts per game more, a couple of yards less rushing per game and 19 yards per game more passing. The dink and dunk, ball control air raid masked the D the past couple of years. This year, total lack of offense has exposed them.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
For those wanting to keep Arnept as DC, the D is almost identical to last year per the stats. We're giving up around 2.5pts per game more, a couple of yards less rushing per game and 19 yards per game more passing. The dink and dunk, ball control air raid masked the D the past couple of years. This year, total lack of offense has exposed them.
This is also the least dumb thing about those who want to keep Arnett as DC.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Even Crxxms scared SPS with that win over Arkansas in ‘08.
The one time I was seriously pissed off that Mississippi State won a game. I was convinced that win saved his job. Then Christmas came early the day after the Egg Bowl. Hopefully, I'm just as wrong about a win over Arkansas saving Arnett's job.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

This. When you’re up 24-3 at halftime on a bad offense, you can literally take a nap in the second half and still win.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Best AD we’ve had, yet SPS posters think Selmon should have a daily blog detailing his every thought…

C'mon Horshack, wouldn't it be more accurate to say that a few SPS posters think Selmon should have a daily blog detailing his every thought? Your statement appears to attribute that position to a significant portion of SPS posters. In my opinion, the vast majority of SPS posters agree with you.

I've only seen a few posters complain about Selmon not providing any public comments. Also, I would assume those posters probably later realized that it is better that Selmon not publicly comment on the job performance of our football coaches during the football season.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
We already know the D is playing better. Parson will ball out and we will beat TAMU, USM and play OM to a one-possession game into the 4th. Arnett will be back next year.
If it happens he deserves to be back regardless of the performance to this point. 7-5 won't get you fired in your first year here. But one win is probably all he gets. And that is no guarantee.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Fire him after this game. Let the players have some good feelings going into the USM game and egg bowl.

Reactions: blitz2Win

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
This. When you’re up 24-3 at halftime on a bad offense, you can literally take a nap in the second half and still win.
Did y'all not watch the WMU game? When they went to the hurry up offense, with a back up QB, it looked like our D was try to solve an calculus problem using Chinese arithmetic. D has played better since then. Held UK to their lowest point total of the year other than UGA. That's with the O putting them in bad situations.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login