Indiana hiring JMU’s Cignetti…

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Another great hire. He is 62 so that's pushing the max age, but doesn't bother me that much. Has at least 5-7 years in him.

That’s about how long football coaches last at IU if they’re lucky too… a great retirement gig for him… My Hoosier cousins only care about IU football when they’re playing Purdue…

Damn. Great head of hair for 62.

I know. I had to double check since that photo I shared before was during his tenure at Indiana U of PA…

IU’s Ticket Office tweeted this earlier:

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
We have done better than them in the BIG.
Yep.

IU football is to Big 10 what Vandy is to the SEC.

Northwestern is probably the Big 10 equivalent to State.

In a tough situation but they can do well— and have shown it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We have done better than them in the BIG.
Hell of a thing to argue. I don’t know the actual records and don’t care. But I know we are both have-nots with historical losing records.

I have to believe you understood the point

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
What facts? I said they are about like us in the B1G. It ain’t complicated.
They aren't about like us. They are worse. If you want to compare them to another athletic program.....it's not in the SEC, but they are Duke.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Good pick for the Hoosiers. Gonna be tough to gain traction on Michigan, Ohio St., Penn St., ect. Kind of like us vs UGA, BAMA, TX, and a couple others.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Happy for Curt. He's a good dude and a great football coach. I think he probably realized this might be his only shot at a P5 job so he took it. Hopefully he can turn them into a solid program as I'd like to see him succeed. But man it's hard to win at Indiana. I'll also be quite interested to see who JMU hires. That jobs potential just keeps rising and rising.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We are both bottom half of the SEC and fighting uphill. Lebby and Cignetti have about the same amount to work with, vs. the rest of their conference.
Give it up man, we are not the Indiana of the SEC. Indiana football is Vandy.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Give it up man, we are not the Indiana of the SEC. Indiana football is Vandy.
Nope, Northwestern is Vandy.

See how dumb it is to argue this? I'm only continuing this idiotic conversation to help you. This is why so many get so pissed at you, you dig in about insignificant things.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Nope, Northwestern is Vandy.

See how dumb it is to argue this? I'm only continuing this idiotic conversation to help you. This is why so many get so pissed at you, you dig in about insignificant things.
Nope, Northwestern has a much better football history than Vandy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login