Info coming from left/right..north/south

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
This is what I have been told. Tom Meredith is the root of all of our problems. He is the one that got Foglesong in when Keenum looked like the frontrunner and he is the one that got Foglesong out. Supposedly, there has been some mismanagement inside the IHL. That's all I was told and that lead to Foglesong leaving.

With that being said, our efforts need to put forth to Mark Keenum as our next president and ousting Tom Meredith.

STARKDAWG

May 22, 2006
and the truth comes out. I've heard all kinds of things including what you've written and I just don't know what to believe.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
Keenum will have a hard time getting uofm's approval. They gave a thumbs down last time.

It happened.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
but, basically one way I'm taking it is that Merideth and the college board approved Doc thinking he wouldn't be good for MSU, and when he turned out to do some good things, they ran him off, and they don't want to approve Keenum because he is the best choice for MSU.

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
Tood, that would be the black helicopters theory im partly buying. Doc was doing good things at MSU.. thus Meridith and UM hated that. But in addition, he pissed off a lot of MSU people.

So.. sounds like almost everyone turned against him.
Doc was supposed to be the "safe" hire instead of giving MSU keenum like we wanted.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I believe it's simply that Meredith & Foglesong couldn't get along, and Doc decided he had better things to do in his post-armed forces retirement life. I never thought that Foglesong would last as president for a long time. I had figured he would be around for four years so that he could collect Mississippi retirement.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
Well, heck, if they hired the guy we wanted, we all would have come out better.

If all the conspiracy theories are true, it's a shame that pettiness gets in the way of education and what's best for the state.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I think for most people it was getting rid of LT. He was way more involved in athletics than any MSU pres. that I can recall. Good or bad.

KJDog

Mar 3, 2008
You dumbasses don't get it. Meredith is against MSU. He wants Ole Miss job. He <17> up today lieing to Chairman Davis of the Senate. Trust me on this. He and Sen. Nunnlee are going after his *** NOW! Keenum will not be stopped this time. Done deal as of 7:30 am in Sen. Cochran's office and Haley supports it.

Just give me credit after all is said and done.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login