intentional grounding

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I don’t understand the rule anymore if he didn’t get flagged at least twice on that last drive.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
No doubt. And then they score a touchdown. How many times do you think Will coulda been in the grasp and thrown it into the turf with no receiver near it and got a no call. Not once...not ever.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Play clock was at 0 before the snap a couple of times on that drive as well. They just swallowed those whistles to make sure they weren't put on a murder list.

was21

May 29, 2007
Receiver pushed off defensive back on that td...offensive interference ignored

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Play clock was at 0 before the snap a couple of times on that drive as well. They just swallowed those whistles to make sure they weren't put on a murder list.
I can't make a judgment on that because the play clock on TV is synthetic and does not necessarily match the official clock.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I was thinking that also. Wasn’t out of the tackle box and no eligible receivers on a few of those.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Earhole is legal for Bama too. Nobody else tho. Thats why I don't watch nearly as much football as I use to. Such a screw job

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It's a CBS year end special, helps recover the losses from last year

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I don’t understand the rule anymore if he didn’t get flagged at least twice on that last drive.

One time was his arm hit in the throw from the end zone. One time he was out of the tackle box and threw it beyond the line of scrimmage, which is literally the only requirement when you aren’t in the tackle box. Another time he threw it deep but WR broke off his route so it just went to empty grass. I’m not sure where there was ever an obvious grounding call.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
The one right before the TD where he stepped straight up got hit and as he was falling he threw it forward with no receivers in the area. He wasn't outside the tackles and threw it to avoid a sack.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Bryce Young has been doing that all year. Half the time he doesn’t even get the ball to the line of scrimmage. They very rarely call it on them so it’s never been trained out of him. It was really obvious in the OM game because they called it on the Rebs but not Bama. The only difference was ball placement. Corral threw out of bounds and Young threw it in the dirt short of the LOS.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
The one right before the TD where he stepped straight up got hit and as he was falling he threw it forward with no receivers in the area. He wasn't outside the tackles and threw it to avoid a sack.

On that one he threw the ball directly toward a receiver, it just bounced about 25 yards short. It is only grounding if the QB is throwing the ball away. If he legitimately throws in the direction of a receiver then its not grounding.

I would prefer the ref throw a flag, confer, and then explain why there was no grounding. But I didn't mind the call.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
I hear what you’re saying but who are we to complain about them getting away with this when we ring cowbells while the QB is over center during critical 3rd down situations? This just doesn’t go in our favor. We are “fans” which is short for “fanatics”. We should just not worry about it because we are all terrible humans that are seeing through rose colored glasses. Thankfully oxfordrebel22 put all of this into perspective for us on SPS.**

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login