Interesting article on PAC10/12

patdog

May 28, 2007
It’s a bleak future no matter what happens. I don’t think adding SDSU & SMU adds anything. I get the geography, but those schools are pretty much ignored in their own markets & being zero national appeal. One thing I think they have going for them is I think there’s reasons the Big 10 didn’t take Oregon & Washington. I’m not so sure those schools have as many options as people think. The key is the 4-corners schools. Hold them & the PAC-12 as we know it has a chance to survive.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
It’s a bleak future no matter what happens. I don’t think adding SDSU & SMU adds anything. I get the geography, but those schools are pretty much ignored in their own markets & being zero national appeal. One thing I think they have going for them is I think there’s reasons the Big 10 didn’t take Oregon & Washington. I’m not so sure those schools have as many options as people think. The key is the 4-corners schools. Hold them & the PAC-12 as we know it has a chance to survive.
As an SMU alum of sorts, I have no idea who the new football coach is and never get emails or snail mail asking for support. Compared to TCU it's a bigger school, in a bigger city, and a little better academically, but good gravy is it a damn sight behind TCU athletically.

SMU was marginal in CUSA... I fail to see the logic other than the academics on why the PAC whatever would want them.

Reactions: patdog

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
It’s a bleak future no matter what happens. I don’t think adding SDSU & SMU adds anything.

I can at least see what they're shooting for with SDSU. It gets them back in the SoCal market with a school that has a lot of upside and a brand new football stadium.

Now SMU..... I have no clue what they're thinking. Small private school in a Dallas market that is dominated by A&M, OU & Texas. I just don't see that doing anything but hindering the PAC's TV negotiations.

Here's another crazy thing. SMU might be better off telling them no and staying in the AAC. If the PAC12 adds SDSU & SMU, I think they'll get a crap TV deal and thus lose some schools to the Big 12. If Arizona & Arizona State jump to the Big12, does the PAC even have a future? I doubt Oregon and Washington would hang around to find out.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login