Interesting WNBA information and Carolina

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
Just for fun I looked at a WNBA mock draft for next year and they have 3 South Carolina players in first round. No real surprise there but its who they are that is surprise. They have Boston at #1 and Cooke at #12. The interesting part is they say Ashley Owusu (just transferred from maryland) at #6 coming out of South Carolina. I didnt know she was coming here. Either they know something or they are throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.

• Haha
Reactions: Gamekem

Cocky 45

Joined Mar 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
This team will take a step back when Boston leaves, also I doubt Paige goes pro after next year like that site lists, she will stay all four years plus the covid year. playing at UConn is much better than ever playing in the WNBA. all the Uconn greats stayed all four years

Reactions: 92Pony

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
This team will take a step back when Boston leaves, also I doubt Paige goes pro after next year like that site lists, she will stay all four years plus the covid year. playing at UConn is much better than ever playing in the WNBA. all the Uconn greats stayed all four years
Crystal Williams and Nelson-Odada had the option to return and didn't. I don't see Bueckers staying longer either.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Paige will make a ton of money no matter if she stays or go. It's common for some of these drafts sites to put eligible players regardless of class in there. I'm surprised they didn't put Clark on the list well.

Cocky 45

Joined Mar 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Paige will make a ton of money no matter if she stays or go. It's common for some of these drafts sites to put eligible players regardless of class in there. I'm surprised they didn't put Clark on the list well.
it has been proven that more people watch and follow College Women's basketball than the WNBA. the NBA (who funds and bails out the revenue losing league) has tried everything to try to market the WNBA, its players and get people to watch, nothing works. People just don't care, at least with College (also loses a ton of revenue) you have that schools fanbase that are invested, nobody cares about WNBA.

Reactions: York cock

CockofEarle

Jan 31, 2022
Think reload

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
it has been proven that more people watch and follow College Women's basketball than the WNBA. the NBA (who funds and bails out the revenue losing league) has tried everything to try to market the WNBA, its players and get people to watch, nothing works. People just don't care, at least with College (also loses a ton of revenue) you have that schools fanbase that are invested, nobody cares about WNBA.
I'm well aware of the popularity of the WNBA as it relates to College basketball but it still doesn't change endorsements and presence she already has. Her social media presence out of high school already outweighed most in the league now. Whether she stays at UConn for 3, 4 or 5 years won't really effect her much. Also the NBA does a poor job of marketing the WNBA and appears to do the bare minimum. The people who benefit from staying all 4 years are the players who don't get as much attention and build a brand with a large fanbase, like a Brea Beal.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login