Interlocking MSU

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I see the MSU sun and “realistic wrinkly Bully” logos too. Also $65 for 17ing swim trunks?!?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
These shorts will look awesome w/ that flat brimmed gray Walking Bully cap someone posted last week. All that's lacking is a big gold chain to go around the neck w/ a diamond bedazzled M State banner hanging from it**

• Haha
Reactions: ronpolk and Dawgg

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
These shorts will look awesome w/ that flat brimmed gray Walking Bully cap someone posted last week. All that's lacking is a big gold chain to go around the neck w/ a diamond bedazzled M State banner hanging from it**
and socks and sandals

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
You Always Say That Blah Blah Blah GIF by Bridge and Tunnel on EPIX

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Me:

"Man those are some ugly ãss shorts that they are making for this generation of morons with no taste."

Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 11.06.19 AM.png

Also Me (Circa 1994):

"What's up boys. Check out my new trunks."
71zA7kvrq7L._AC_UX679_.jpg

Any of us who were coming of age in the 80's and 90's shall never, I repeat never be allowed to talketh the shìteth about popular fashion. We looked like absolute idiots back then. If you don't believe me, please allow the rest of us to judge for ourselves and post the photo of what you were wearing in your school photo with this background:

Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 11.16.11 AM.png

Last edited:

Hail State

Dec 27, 2009
As time has gone by, I've started questioning whether the interlocking MSU logo is best for us. Isn't it Nike's standard logo? For example, Kentucky uses the exact same logo. It's like if you were a Nike school in the 90's and weren't married to a famous logo like LSU's tiger head you got slapped with your initials in interlocking form. I think the State script might be the best for us.

Reactions: patdog

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
As time has gone by, I've started questioning whether the interlocking MSU logo is best for us. Isn't it Nike's standard logo? For example, Kentucky uses the exact same logo. It's like if you were a Nike school in the 90's and weren't married to a famous logo like LSU's tiger head you got slapped with your initials in interlocking form. I think the State script might be the best for us.
i don't know, but it's better than MState. MState looks good on websites and on paper, but not on a helmet.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Me:

"Man those are some ugly ãss shorts that they are making for this generation of morons with no taste."

View attachment 340040

Also Me (Circa 1994):

View attachment 340041

Any of us who were coming of age in the 80's and 90's shall never, I repeat never be allowed to talketh the shìteth about popular fashion. We looked like absolute idiots back then. If you don't believe me, please allow the rest of us to judge for ourselves and post the photo of what you were wearing in your school photo with this background:

View attachment 340053
This white boy had a fro, let's just leave it at that.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Nike skinny MSU is the worst MSU logo we had.

1986-1995 MSU was much better. I mean it could use some adjustments but still better

MState is the best.... but adidas has to sell merch.

BAD0ADB2-9C65-425A-AA10-7477DA5C9D91.png

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
As time has gone by, I've started questioning whether the interlocking MSU logo is best for us. Isn't it Nike's standard logo? For example, Kentucky uses the exact same logo. It's like if you were a Nike school in the 90's and weren't married to a famous logo like LSU's tiger head you got slapped with your initials

Yes. In 96, Nike gave MSU and Byu similar jerseys, with the sleeve stripes and black shadow numbers.

Also they made a similar logo to skinny msu for fsu. That I haven't seen fsu use since.

7D0FAF8F-96DC-4E74-9DD2-098ADD0A3783.jpeg

Last edited:

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Serious question: What does the J stand for?

I never looked at that logo and thought MSJ until the invention of genes page or maybe it was the list serve...... and someone pointed that out.... the "banner" complaints are similar.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Interlocking is an expired logo. It's just a cool throwback. They're doing throwbacks with it this season for our 25th anniversary of winning the west.

Reactions: Maroon13

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
I watched the movie Apollo 13 with my daughter, and I told her I remember my parents sitting around watching TV watching the real thing happen. She gave me that "you old looked".
My mother was in college when the actual Apollo 13 happened and had no recollection of it occurring.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Every new coach puts his stamp on the program. Will the interlocking MSU becomes Zach's? We can only hope Jack!

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
My mother was in college when the actual Apollo 13 happened and had no recollection of it occurring.
I was five years old and remember neighbors and friends at our house watching because we had color TV. All the kids were outside playing on front lawn. If I remember correctly the networks never signed off at 12:00 while this was happening. They always shut down at 12:00.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I watched the movie Apollo 13 with my daughter, and I told her I remember my parents sitting around watching TV watching the real thing happen. She gave me that "you old looked".
I was on a business trip and watched it from a hotel in Allen Town, PA. That is one of those days that you just do not forget. Also the morning that the Federal Building blew up in Oklahoma City, I was on the phone with a customer in Oklahoma City just 2 blocks from the Federal Building. I heard the explosion over the phone. The Lady I was talking too screamed when it happened. Their loading doors blew in and they had some broken windows. Ceiling tiles fell in. Won’t ever forget that one either.

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I was on a business trip and watched it from a hotel in Allen Town, PA. That is one of those days that you just do not forget. Also the morning that the Federal Building blew up in Oklahoma City, I was on the phone with a customer in Oklahoma City just 2 blocks from the Federal Building. I heard the explosion over the phone. The Lady I was talking too screamed when it happened. Their loading doors blew in and they had some broken windows. Ceiling tiles fell in. Won’t ever forget that one either.
Did you have a lottery number for the draft? I joined Marine Corps because I wanted to and went to war, but it had to be a horrible time for all American Males with Vietnam hanging over your head and not having a choice in the matter.

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
Me:

View attachment 340040

Also Me (Circa 1994):

View attachment 340041

View attachment 340053
Cue the Saved By the Bell music!

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Did you have a lottery number for the draft? I joined Marine Corps because I wanted to and went to war, but it had to be a horrible time for all American Males with Vietnam hanging over your head and not having a choice in the matter.
Yes, I had a lottery number. I don’t remember the number now but it was pretty high. I was never drafted but had friends that were. Thankfully all of them made it back home.

Reactions: GloryDawg

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
We're moving toward the script. Interlocking is a throwback only.
That's too bad. The script is something that can be lazily pulled off the shelf and ironed on as hundreds of schools use the same design. Very high schoolish IMO. I wore the same script on my high school baseball jersey in 1974. Interlocking is more unique and says who we are more specifically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maroon13

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Was it? Our former associate AD Mike Nemeth said Nike owned the logo. Was he wrong? Not trying to start anything, I'm just genuinely interested in IP rights since it is my career.

Nemeth quote from 2012
I’d have to find it but I’m fairly certain that Rosebowl researched it and found out that wasn’t true. This would’ve been in 2019 or 2020. Edit: 1684339985630.png

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I’d have to find it but I’m fairly certain that Rosebowl researched it and found out that wasn’t true. This would’ve been in 2019 or 2020. Edit: View attachment 340758
I thought I had responded to this. Anyway, Rosebowl's "from what I gather" is not very definitive. Obviously, our AD believed it to be owned by Nike back in 2012, so to say it was a "lie" is kind of severe. A lot of things could have happened in 9 years to change things, or maybe Nemeth was wrong.

I did a little research myself, and neither Nike nor MSU tried to register a trademark on that logo. MSU did register the Felker era helmet logo, so you would think they would try to register the next logo as well. But, maybe not.

Whoever created it would likely own the copyright, but I'm not gonna search for registration of that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login