International Space Station......

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
has 2 astronauts that will have to wait until February to be rescued. One male, one female. Question: Should their spouses be concerned? That's a long time.....well, you know.

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
They are not the only ones there. They are coming home with a group that has been there for over a year. Looks like SpaceX is bringing them home.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
After being weightless that long gravity will kick their butts when they reach earth. It'll be a while before they can even walk. I just hope they make it.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Elon will have to go get them.
They’re not sending up a special mission. Taking 2 astronauts off the next scheduled mission & bringing them back when that mission is over. But yeah, Elon will have to get them. One interesting thing, their Boeing spacesuits aren’t compatible with the SpaceX spacecraft so in the very unlikely event they need them , they’ll be screwed.

patdog

May 28, 2007
After being weightless that long gravity will kick their butts when they reach earth. It'll be a while before they can even walk. I just hope they make it.
Yeah, but several people have been in space more than twice as long as they will. That’s really not an issue.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I wonder what gravity does to, ummm other, shall we say extremities over a long period of time like maybe, Pinochios nose let's say? Asking for the spouses of those 2 astronauts

Oct 7, 2022
I wonder what gravity does to, ummm other, shall we say extremities over a long period of time like maybe, Pinochios nose let's say? Asking for the spouses of those 2 astronauts
Hey! Two inches “taller”. That’s what my 10th grade science teacher said.

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
I wonder about their bathroom visits. Safety belts? No newspaper? Toilet paper supply?

Anon1717806835

Jun 7, 2024
Someone with actual knowledge on the subject - how did the American space program get to this point and was it planned? We put a man on the moon over 50 years ago but now rely a private company and the goddamned Russians to get our astronauts into orbit.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Someone with actual knowledge on the subject - how did the American space program get to this point and was it planned? We put a man on the moon over 50 years ago but now rely a private company and the goddamned Russians to get our astronauts into orbit.
We’ve always relied on private companies in our space programs from the beginning. Difference is instead of subcontracting with them for NASA ships, we’re contracting with them to design & build their own ships. So far we’re 1-1 on that. Space X has been a huge success. Boeing a huge failure. Overall the mismanagement and politics in the space program has been a disaster.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login