Investment Question, is it time to buy bonds?

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
If it isn’t it certainly feels like the time is getting close.

Dec 23, 2017
Times are shaky and getting worse as the winds of war spread across America and abroad. The past two years have been so dismal yet it is going to get even worse. I have a Bond Index fund for some safety, what little remains.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
That is the question. Bond fund? Should do well if the economy goes into recession, as money flows out of stocks and into bonds and as rates go back down. Will do badly if rates continue to go up but the economy does not go into recession. Individual bonds? Will do exactly what they advertise. May outperform the market, may not, that's the only risk. May have money stuck making 4% while the market jumps 20.

Mostly the former comes down to the Fed. Inflation isn't really 8% right now, and the Fed can't really efficiently do much about the current conditions. If they really mean to drive as-mrasured inflation back down to 2%, they'll have to cause a major recession to do it. But if they cave before that point, they may thread the needle. I expect they are doing the latter but know better than to say it.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Municiple bonds. Tax free but low returns. Probably the safest is Treasury bonds. Really slow returns but you know exactly what your return will be. I can't guarantee you won't go broke with my dumbass answer.

Reactions: Preacher Franklin

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
Definitely time to buy pork bellies.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Reactions: GloryDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login