Iowa upsets South Carolina in Women's Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I hate I missed it because I really loathe Staley.

This girl is so good.

Dawn Staley took the loss quite well.

She is such an attention *****.

Her post game interview was despicable and the SoCar AD should have her in the office Monday morning giving her an ultimatum but it won't happen of course.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
I hate I missed it because I really loathe Staley.

This girl is so good.

Dawn Staley took the loss quite well.

She is such an attention *****.

What? Who said any of that besides her? They are dominant because of her recruiting and they out-size 100% of their opponents. No one likes seeing any team go undefeated all the time, it’s nothing personal against their players.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
17 you man.... Change your avatar. I saw big tits and zoomed in... You are an a-hole.
17 you man, you made me look.
Screaming Oh God GIF by Film Riot

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Absolutely no one:
Dawn Staley: “Don’t call us thugs and monkeys!”

I watched the game and it was great. Caitlyn Clark is incredible. And to put it mildly, USC gets away with a lot and it doesn’t get called. I suspect that they benefit from the possibility of their coach making an issue of it. Case in point, last night an Iowa ball handler got bear hugged from behind and basically suplexed, landing on the back of her head. No foul called, it was determined to be a held ball.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Absolutely no one:
Dawn Staley: “Don’t call us thugs and monkeys!”

I watched the game and it was great. Caitlyn Clark is incredible. And to put it mildly, USC gets away with a lot and it doesn’t get called. I suspect that they benefit from the possibility of their coach making an issue of it. Case in point, last night an Iowa ball handler got bear hugged from behind and basically suplexed, landing on the back of her head. No foul called, it was determined to be a held ball.
Agree. Saw that. Was mystified there was no foul. Carolina killed them on the boards and still lost. Coach needs to sack up and admit it wasn’t their night.

Reactions: 11thEagleFan

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
That B was so smug too during 3Q interview. It was a beauty of a game and I think I’m in love with Caitlin
I hope it's her game you love. She looks like a dude, no offense. And there's nothing wrong with that, she's a great player.

Reactions: josebrown

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Iowa head coach Lisa Bluder's direct quote:

“If you know me, I speak tongue in cheek a lot, and I was saying an analogy of you’ve got to rebound like you’re in a bar fight,” Bluder said. “That’s all. It doesn’t say who’s fighting, right? But that’s fine. I’ve never been in a bar fight, by the way.”

Hmmmmmmmmm 🤔

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
I hope it's her game you love. She looks like a dude, no offense. And there's nothing wrong with that, she's a great player.
yea, there’s a reason for that…and there is something terribly wrong with it…

BTW, have you seen the Carshield commercial with Vivian A. Fox? And I thought she/he was hot when young.. Ugh! Transhumanism= transgender goat wannabe’s. It’s the parents fault. Good thing many are gonna get the chance to be with their, goat, real soon! Not the young, it’s not their fault, but they do continue the cycle…so as long as that cycle ends, thats What we should care about. Nothing Can Stop What Is Coming!!

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
yea, there’s a reason for that…and there is something terribly wrong with it…

BTW, have you seen the Carshield commercial with Vivian A. Fox? And I thought she/he was hot when young.. Ugh! Transhumanism= transgender goat wannabe’s. It’s the parents fault. Good thing many are gonna get the chance to be with their, goat, real soon! Not the young, it’s not their fault, but they do continue the cycle…so as long as that cycle ends, thats What we should care about. Nothing Can Stop What Is Coming!!

She grew up attending Catholic religious elementary, middle, and high school. She has spoken of her faith many times in interviews and with kids.
She in part credits her faith and Christian education for getting her to where she is today.

These quoted comments show that people are more than willing to tear down people and ideas that are of no harm to them, and at times even align with their views.

As for appearance, these are 2 more examples that show the imbalanced way in which we look at athletes.
The criticism of how female athletes look compared to male athletes is woefully imbalanced. It's genuinely a shame.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Reactions: WilCoDawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
She grew up attending Catholic religious elementary, middle, and high school. She has spoken of her faith many times in interviews and with kids.
She in part credits her faith and Christian education for getting her to where she is today.

These quoted comments show that people are more than willing to tear down people and ideas that are of no harm to them, and at times even align with their views.

As for appearance, these are 2 more examples that show the imbalanced way in which we look at athletes.
The criticism of how female athletes look compared to male athletes is woefully imbalanced. It's genuinely a shame.
FFS man this is a message board of dudes.

His comments being stereotypical aren’t any different than you and strat making comments about conservatives or fox.

STFU and get off your moral high horse that isn’t very high.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

His comments being stereotypical aren’t any different than you and strat making comments about conservatives or fox.

He obviously has not heard much about her reputation or heard her talk about her philosophy, or he would not be taking the moral high road, even though he loves to do that. She has never acted humble, and she got humbled and didn't know how to react. Keep drawing those thin lines when you need to or when it fits your argument.

Last edited:

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007

"credits her faith and Christian education for getting her to where she is today."
So does Al Sharpton **

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

A lot has changed on this site in the 18 years I've read it.
'Select a slut' used to be a frequent thread topic.
17 used to actually be a number.
You could swear.

I read the comments about Clark to be petty and just one more attempt to force trans into the discussion. It wasn't here and it was forced into the thread by someone wanting to rant about it.
Instead of telling the poster who forced it into the thread to go 17 off, you rip on me for posting a response.
Typical.

I like how apparently saying a woman looks like a man is OK sal's mind if you follow it up with 'no offense'. Haha.
As for the other poster, wt17 about that forced rant? Good lord. What does any of that have to do with Clark?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
He obviously has not heard much about her reputation or heard her talk about her philosophy, or he would not be taking the moral high road, even though he loves to do that. She has never acted humble, and she got humbled and didn't know how to react. Keep drawing those thin lines when you need to or when it fits your argument.
What the balls are you babbling about?

Pretty sure you are in over your head and can't follow the thread.
My comments have been in response to Clark being talked about. Clark. She is the white Christian Iowa basketball player.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
"credits her faith and Christian education for getting her to where she is today."
So does Al Sharpton **
Um...OK.
How about this- pull up anything that ties Clark to being trans.

My point earlier was that she is, by all reports, a caring and responsible person who has been an inspiration to Christian youth.
That's pretty opposite of what the @josebrown was trying to claim in the post.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
A lot has changed on this site in the 18 years I've read it.
'Select a slut' used to be a frequent thread topic.
17 used to actually be a number.
You could swear.

I read the comments about Clark to be petty and just one more attempt to force trans into the discussion. It wasn't here and it was forced into the thread by someone wanting to rant about it.
Instead of telling the poster who forced it into the thread to go 17 off, you rip on me for posting a response.
Typical.

I like how apparently saying a woman looks like a man is OK sal's mind if you follow it up with 'no offense'. Haha.
As for the other poster, wt17 about that forced rant? Good lord. What does any of that have to do with Clark?
You are a worthless dumb ***

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Um...OK.
How about this- pull up anything that ties Clark to being trans.

My point earlier was that she is, by all reports, a caring and responsible person who has been an inspiration to Christian youth.
That's pretty opposite of what the @josebrown was trying to claim in the post.
He didn’t say she was trans. He said she looked like a dude.

Who cares? It was a joke.

the only people pushing the trans agenda are the one who want to talk about it to kids.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
What the balls are you babbling about?

Pretty sure you are in over your head and can't follow the thread.
My comments have been in response to Clark being talked about. Clark. She is the white Christian Iowa basketball player.

Sorry, you spin so fast that I don't keep up with your superior intellect and essay-writing skills. Please continue to educate our po' old dumbasses in every post.

You must get paid by the amount written for every rebuttal and double for each post you hammer.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Sorry, you spin so fast that I don't keep up with your superior intellect and essay-writing skills. Please continue to educate our po' old dumbasses in every post.

You must get paid by the amount written for every rebuttal and double for each post you hammer.
I spin so fast? 17 off. I responded to a couple of terrible comments and you misinterpreted it all to be about someone totally different than who others and I were talking about.

I didn't spin anything, you just can't follow along with what others said and I responded to.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Disappointed that elements of this thread have devolved into "MSNBC vs. FoxNews"

Watching USCe vs. Iowa, I saw a team of referees that called a game that had an impact on the team that played physically. We've seen this before.
Race is not a factor -- it was they dymanics of that particular game. (I liken it to a home-plate umpire calling a "big" or "small" plate on a given day

However, if the USCe squad was wearing MSU maroon and white last night with the exact same circumstances, this board would be lit up with posts that claimed "the fix was in" against MSU.

This is the modern-day American paradox: We love an underdog, we love winners, we hate consistent winning, and we hate dynasties.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Disappointed that elements of this thread have devolved into "MSNBC vs. FoxNews"

Watching USCe vs. Iowa, I saw a team of referees that called a game that had an impact on the team that played physically. We've seen this before.
Race is not a factor -- it was they dymanics of that particular game. (I liken it to a home-plate umpire calling a "big" or "small" plate on a given day

However, if the USCe squad was wearing MSU maroon and white last night with the exact same circumstances, this board would be lit up with posts that claimed "the fix was in" against MSU.

This is the modern-day American paradox: We love an underdog, we love winners, we hate consistent winning, and we hate dynasties.
If we hate dynasties why does Alabama and tOSU have so many sidewalk alumni?

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
If we hate dynasties why does Alabama and tOSU have so many sidewalk alumni?
That's part of the paradox. It's like the Yankees in baseball. Love them or hate them, people tune in to watch them win -- or tune in to watch to hope they lose.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I spin so fast? 17 off. I responded to a couple of terrible comments and you misinterpreted it all to be about someone totally different than who others and I were talking about.

I didn't spin anything, you just can't follow along with what others said and I responded to.
He definitely misinterpreted but you are spinning way harder than you accuse fox 🦊 of spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login