Is anyone else excited to be playing #1????

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Reading this board it looks like we have a bye week. The Georgia fans are giving us a better chance of winning than our own fans. They think the emotions of the past two weeks will lead to a letdown against us. I can't wait for the kickoff to see how we stack up against the #1 team in the land. We are still #19 on the ESPN FPI. We're undefeated at home this year.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
This is a prime game for Leach to surprise people. He's had these games at Texas Tech and Wash St.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'm more of a sunshine pumper than negative but based on what I've seen, I'd be happy to score 3 offensive touchdowns and not get bamered. I wish I had more confidence in this game but I just don't think we are capable of scoring against elite D's. But since I suck on football predictions, maybe that's a good sign.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Everything tells me we should get killed, but then I can’t stop thinking about the 2020 game in Athens for some reason. It was shockingly close when I was convinced we’d lose 59-0.

Hey, maybe our crowd brings the energy and Georgia comes out flat after a huge game last week. Maybe they feel like they can cruise to the SEC title game now and we catch them sleepwalking a little. Not saying we could win but I think us covering is on the table.

Reactions: L4MANDW

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I'm always excited. Right up til reality smacks me in the gooch. But Leach needs to win one of these last two SEC games. I don't see it this week. Smart has said they started preparing for us during their off week.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
We literally play the number one team every year (hell some years we’re doing it twice). It kind of loses its luster after a while.
What's going to happen when we finally win one? We did it in 1980, we can do it again.

#ShowOff

Jun 21, 2013
This is a prime game for Leach to surprise people. He's had these games at Texas Tech and Wash St.
Those games are long gone. The teams Leach is facing now are way more physical and athletic as we all know. Even Leach's best team (2008 Tx Tech) was exposed by a more physical team in their Cotton Bowl by Ole Miss. He was favored in many games with WashSt in the Apple Cup vs the Huskies but always got destroyed because his scheme never changed and the Huskies were always the more physical team.

Leach won't be surprising the Bama/UGA squads. Our O-Line cannot contain them nor can our WRs get separation.

We've been completely pushed around against the elite teams. I hope I am proven wrong this game and it's a competitive one. But I think UGA is on a mission to finish strong.

I'd never thought I'd hear something like this come out of an SEC player's mouth.

1668189171234.png

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
If our players bring the energy and don't get spooked by the G on the side of the helmet, the crowd will be able to get into the game and put the fear in UGA.
And if that happens, you just never know what might happen.
Hail State.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Reading this board it looks like we have a bye week. The Georgia fans are giving us a better chance of winning than our own fans. They think the emotions of the past two weeks will lead to a letdown against us. I can't wait for the kickoff to see how we stack up against the #1 team in the land. We are still #19 on the ESPN FPI. We're undefeated at home this year.
Episode 5 Whatever GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The last time the number one team came to Starkville when we beat them and it was in 2014
Technically, Auburn was #2. I think Ohio State was #1 (but don't hold me to that) and they had lost earlier that day.

Reactions: Dawgg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Technically, Auburn was #2. I think Ohio State was #1 (but don't hold me to that) and they had lost earlier that day.
Florida State was #1 at the time, we leapfrogged them after the Auburn win and after they’d had several uninspiring performances.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Close. It was Florida State and they actually didn't even lose, we just jumped them.
By that point, we had beaten the 8, 6, and 2 teams in consecutive weeks and Florida State's only notable win was in overtime over #22 Clemson (who had already lost Georgia who had already lost to South Carolina).

Ohio State did have that curious loss to Virginia Tech that year and Virginia Tech lost to East Carolina the next week.

Reactions: Drebin

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Same feeling I get when I'm about to receive a proctology exam and I know I'm infected.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
We beat off 2 weeks ago, we might fo it tomorrow too.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Those games are long gone. The teams Leach is facing now are way more physical and athletic as we all know. Even Leach's best team (2008 Tx Tech) was exposed by a more physical team in their Cotton Bowl by Ole Miss. He was favored in many games with WashSt in the Apple Cup vs the Huskies but always got destroyed because his scheme never changed and the Huskies were always the more physical team.

Leach won't be surprising the Bama/UGA squads. Our O-Line cannot contain them nor can our WRs get separation.

We've been completely pushed around against the elite teams. I hope I am proven wrong this game and it's a competitive one. But I think UGA is on a mission to finish strong.

I'd never thought I'd hear something like this come out of an SEC player's mouth.

View attachment 259834
Texas tech beat #1 Texas, leach was not favored in many games against washington

just making up crap I see ?

watch Ole Miss vs alabama.....you will see a blowout

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I'm just wondering how embarrassing it's going to get.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login