Is anyone really fired up for Saturday?

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
This game was meaningless, now It means a lot more with this Cohen news. I really hope DWS Is angry and rocking Saturday. This is disrespect, and hope we disrespect them on the field. It’s been a while since I went to a game fired up like this

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
This game was meaningless, now I’m with this Cohen news I’m excited. I really hope DWS Is angry and rocking Saturday. This is disrespect, and hope we disrespect them on the field. It’s been a while since I went to a game fired up like this
I don’t care anything about Cohen. I never thought the game was meaningless. 8 win season is still possible. I know some of you guys got your feelings hurt by losing to Kentucky but an 8 win football season is ok by me.

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
I wasn’t that excited to go up to Starkville after what happened @ Kentucky. I wanted to be excited really bad, but the juices weren’t flowing. That’s what I mean by meaningless. I just feel the disrespect here by both AU and JC. It just makes it personal that It happened the same week we play them. They think they are that much better than us! Like they couldn't wait until after this game? It wouldn’t be a problem at all if it wasn’t the week we’re playing them. It just gets the old juices flowing, and I hope we disrespect them on that field. I hope we do for years to come too

Last edited:

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
This game was meaningless, now It means a lot more with this Cohen news. I really hope DWS Is angry and rocking Saturday. This is disrespect, and hope we disrespect them on the field. It’s been a while since I went to a game fired up like this
This game was never meaningless. The more we win, the more we are seen, the better our recruiting.

I do hope the students are screaming "F John Cohen!" over and over.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I don’t care anything about Cohen. I never thought the game was meaningless. 8 win season is still possible. I know some of you guys got your feelings hurt by losing to Kentucky but an 8 win football season is ok by me.
Considering our schedule, heck yeah!

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I am - always a good time. Plus one of the guys I tailgate with is bringing his famous duck gumbo and it’s a night game.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
I feel like I did when Florida came to Starkville in 2018 with Mullen and Stricklin returning to Starkville. Just knew we were going to kill them. Boy, do I hope the results are different this time!

Reactions: woozman

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This game was never meaningless. The more we win, the more we are seen, the better our recruiting.

I do hope the students are screaming "F John Cohen!" over and over.
Problem is, none of them care about Cohen.

I DO think, however, that there is some juice that really wants us to beat Auburn down. I mean 55-3 sort of thing. It's never been done, look at our history. 2012 was 28-10, biggest margin of victory for us since the 40s.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I feel like I did when Florida came to Starkville in 2018 with Mullen and Stricklin returning to Starkville. Just knew we were going to kill them. Boy, do I hope the results are different this time!
After Kentucky I knew we'd lose.

Situations are a little different this time. But yeah there's a little bit of that in the air.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I don't think Leach gives a s h i t about the back-story, so don't count on him having them fired up.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Auburn is down some coaches and the guy at the head was a position coach. You are going to have GA's helping. We had GA's in the bowl game doing what coaches did when Mullen left. They made a lot of mistakes when substituting players in the game. They had weeks to prepare. Auburn has one week. I suspect Auburn will have a lot of problems this game. I also suspect the many of the players have checked out thinking if they should inter the portal.

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

kired

Aug 22, 2008
It's been almost a month since we've seen this offense really click - so yeah, I'm ready to hopefully hang 40+ on them Saturday night.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I haven't been fired up about football in several years. I watch but just not into it.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
This game wasn't meaningless before this happened. It's a huge game for us. What happened with Cohen makes absolutely no difference. If anything them taking Cohen makes me dislike them a little less. Thank you Auburn!

Reactions: Maroon13

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I was looking forward to this game and this month of football before the off week drama.

We really need to go 3-1 this month to take some momentum into the bowl and off season.

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
This is partly why our fan base sucks. You can’t get fired up for AUBURN? They have traditionally OWNED our asses just like every other SEC power.
I don’t care if LSU, UT, Bama, Auburn, Georgia, or Florida comes in to our place winless. It is ALWAYS a HUGE game. We have less than a 40% win percentage against all of these teams. We should be happy with any advantage we get and proceed to kick the ever living **** out of them.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
This is partly why our fan base sucks. You can’t get fired up for AUBURN? They have traditionally OWNED our asses just like every other SEC power.
I don’t care if LSU, UT, Bama, Auburn, Georgia, or Florida comes in to our place winless. It is ALWAYS a HUGE game. We have less than a 40% win percentage against all of these teams. We should be happy with any advantage we get and proceed to kick the ever living **** out of them.

Yup. Not only is it an SEC game, it's an SEC game against an opponent that is reeling. You can't have a good season if you don't beat the teams that are down. That's why the LSU game was so frustrating. We caught them at the right time and didn't take advantage.

UK sucked, but it was mainly that we just didn't show up. We were on the road and they got their best RB back and their QB apparently had enough shots or grit or both to ignore his turf toe. The loss wasn't killer to a good season, it was just deflating to watch us not show up on the road again.

But neither of those games were as critical as beating a down Auburn team at home. If we don't win this game, hard to argue we aren't just a ****** team this year.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Next to ole miss, Auburn is my most despised SEC team. Why?
1. Shug Jordan - whined like a baby after losing to State and got our cowbells banned for years.
2. We played AT Auburn 3 years in a row back in the late 80's because they reneged on a handshake agreement to break up that murderous Nov. schedule we had back in those days.
3. The rented mule. Need I say more?
Feel free to add your own.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I don't think Leach gives a s h i t about the back-story, so don't count on him having them fired up.
I'm not so sure. I think there was some animosity between the two after Cohen got cranky about a tweet. They are just about as polar opposite as two people can be.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Not really fired up, I just hope the team doesn’t lay an egg after the bye. Auburn should look better this week with the dead weight gone.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
There has never been a game where I didn't want to beat Auburn. This one is no different. BTW, I wish Cohen a long and miserable tenure at Auburn, beginning Saturday. Hail State!

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
A few fans could be affected by this move, but I seriously doubt that it will matter to the coaches and players, much at all.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I'm not so sure. I think there was some animosity between the two after Cohen got cranky about a tweet. They are just about as polar opposite as two people can be.
No better example of Cohen not being cut out for being an AD. There were basically two reasonable options. 1) Address it and risk making it worse or 2) Letting it fade from the news cycle and hope no significant damage is done.

It took a true genius to have successfully completed option two and then give the story new life by trying option one after it was basically forgotten.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Leach wasn’t really fired up about taking on the administrators that screwed him out of millions of dollars. I can’t imagine he’s fired up about taking on an administrator that made him google Medgar Evers.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
Why the hell was this game "meaningless"? It definitely has more juice now, but before the Cohen stuff it was still a home SEC West game against an opponent we desperately need to beat to show things are moving in the right direction.

The thing that changed is now I don't just hope we win, I hope we win by 50.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I forget the context of that tweet. The only think I remember was a wife making a noose for her husband and I thought it was funny as hell. Does anybody remember what the theme of meme was and why it woke the woke so much?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I forget the context of that tweet. The only think I remember was a wife making a noose for her husband and I thought it was funny as hell. Does anybody remember what the theme of meme was and why it woke the woke so much?
It’s because nooses are racist because black people used to be lynched. So anytime you mention a noose or tie one or reference a comic featuring one, it’s racist according to the mob. Thank God that happened before the George Floyd murder or Leach probably would’ve been fired.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
It’s because nooses are racist because black people used to be lynched. So anytime you mention a noose or tie one or reference a comic featuring one, it’s racist according to the mob. Thank God that happened before the George Floyd murder or Leach probably would’ve been fired.
Yea, I remember The Woke getting riled about the noose part in relation to our horrible past with lynchings but it seemed to me to be a far stretch requiring a wild imagination. I'm just trying to remember the entirety of the meme just for nostalgia , schitts and giggles.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login