Is Coach Prime still coaching?*****

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I literally still have a guy at work - this week - sticking to his side of our season-long stupid argument that we should have hired Coach Prime. They indeed live among us.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
They were averaging giving up about 5 sacs per game.
Changed play callers, I guess to shake things up, a couple of games ago.???
Other teams know what they are going to do, I guess by now.
But they have mostly been competing, especially late in the game, it seems.

Maybe they will port in another 60 or so, for next season?

But fortunately most of the Buzz has settled down.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
You think he’d have been worse?
What PBR said. Plus - and I know I can still be proven wrong on this - I believe he's a short term gain/long term pain type of hire. Big splash up front, high profile recruits, etc., but can he really coach? Is he committed enough to go out there every day for the next several years and just coach, without all the cameras and spotlight? I have my doubts. Hell, it already started to happen 4 games in.

It's like you buying a Ferrari. Yes, you will come off the line fast and make a splash, and it will attract all the 4- and 5-star ladies for a while. But at some point the new car smell wears off, you realize there is no trunk space, and the ladies have all had their rides so it's no longer very exciting... and you're still making that monthly payment.

Reactions: Dawgg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I think at some point you run out of money without results. Not really head coaching as much as it is paying the most and putting players in the NFL, and then having some average position coaches and a trainer.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
There for about three weeks he was the greatest thing to college football.

Yes, Coach Prime is still coaching.

Currently, he is taking the necessary and appropriate steps to future success for his football team/program at the University of Colorado. Some people might call that "failure."

The football team at the University of Colorado was 1-11 last year, so a high level of success might take some time.

Don't worry . . . we haven't seen the last of Coach Prime.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Wouldn’t have been worse. Would’ve been more expensive and impossible to fire after 1 year.
Maybe. He wouldn’t have tried to change everything we were doing without changing the players. I’m not advocating we hire Prime, but I’m not bashing the guy either. He’s made Colorado much better in one year. Maybe he busts next year, we didn’t even get one year of improvement.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

Yes, Coach Prime is still coaching.

Currently, he is taking the necessary and appropriate steps to future success for his football team/program at the University of Colorado. Some people might call that "failure."

The football team at the University of Colorado was 1-11 last year, so a high level of success might take some time.

Don't worry . . . we haven't seen the last of Coach Prime.
Thing is, when you completely flip the roster and bring in 60 something players from the portal in Year 1, you completely lose the excuse that “you need time to get your guys in”.

He had his guys. Just about all of them, in Year 1. Included in that is an early round NFL QB and another NFL CB/WR. And its looking like all that’s going to result from it is 4-8. So we’ll see where he goes from there when he doesn’t have an NFL QB. Won’t be pretty.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
No love for “The Conqueror”?***

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Thing is, when you completely flip the roster and bring in 60 something players from the portal in Year 1, you completely lose the excuse that “you need time to get your guys in”.

He had his guys. Just about all of them, in Year 1. Included in that is an early round NFL QB and another NFL CB/WR. And its looking like all that’s going to result from it is 4-8. So we’ll see where he goes from there when he doesn’t have an NFL QB. Won’t be pretty.

Your point has validity.

However, it's still Year 1 of Coach Prime's tenure at the University of Colorado. The football team/program is in much better shape than it was before Coach Prime's arrival.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
What PBR said. Plus - and I know I can still be proven wrong on this - I believe he's a short term gain/long term pain type of hire. Big splash up front, high profile recruits, etc., but can he really coach? Is he committed enough to go out there every day for the next several years and just coach, without all the cameras and spotlight? I have my doubts. Hell, it already started to happen 4 games in.

It's like you buying a Ferrari. Yes, you will come off the line fast and make a splash, and it will attract all the 4- and 5-star ladies for a while. But at some point the new car smell wears off, you realize there is no trunk space, and the ladies have all had their rides so it's no longer very exciting... and you're still making that monthly payment.
Pay for the Ferrari in cash, and then buy a 65 Shelby Cobra. Those never loose their interest.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Yeah, he's already won 4 times as many games there as they did last year. And several of his losses have been pretty close. The key is will he continue to improve them over the next 3-4 years. Did you expect him to get into the playoffs this year? Nick Saban couldn't have even done that.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah, he's already won 4 times as many games there as they did last year. And several of his losses have been pretty close. The key is will he continue to improve them over the next 3-4 years. Did you expect him to get into the playoffs this year? Nick Saban couldn't have even done that.
I mean, they had literally nowhere to go but up.

You could use the same argument if they went 2-10. “They won TWICE as many games as last year!!11!!!”

And aGAIN, 60+ players in the portal (most of whom will be gone again after this year), including a Heisman caliber WR/CB and an early round NFL pick at QB. They aren’t going to just keep rolling those kinds of players in there.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He brought in 60 new guys. His guys.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
He brought in 60 new guys. His guys.
He'll go into LA and SF areas and recruit anyone he wants. Kids love playing for him and he won't have any problem getting several 5-star and many 4-star players in the future. If I was a Colorado fan, I'd be excited about the future of the football program. This is the first year in a long time that the U. of Colorado fans realized that they played football. I just don't see the hatred many here have for Coach Prime. It's like he's done something to personally offend you.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I mean, they had literally nowhere to go but up.

You could use the same argument if they went 2-10. “They won TWICE as many games as last year!!11!!!”

And aGAIN, 60+ players in the portal (most of whom will be gone again after this year), including a Heisman caliber WR/CB and an early round NFL pick at QB. They aren’t going to just keep rolling those kinds of players in there.

I'm getting the feeling that you don't like Coach Prime and you want him to fail.

Is that correct?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login