Is Deion’s Son a Heisman Candidate?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I've seen him play a couple of times, but against such a low level of competition, it is hard to get a feel for how good he actually is.

Reactions: patdog

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
I think this would be the year to do something like that, imo. There’s no for sure number 1 guy on a number 1 team.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
He is playing very good but as stated above, competition level drags him down. What could Will do playing against the SWAC ? He really needs to transfer to Auburn or some SEC team.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I've seen him play a couple of times, but against such a low level of competition, it is hard to get a feel for how good he actually is.
It's hard to comprehend just how bad the SWAC is. The conference is 11-24 OOC this year, and it's not like they're scheduling up. JSU's non-conference wins are over 1-4 TN State and 0-5 Grambling (apparently they couldn't find a bad enough team outside the SWAC to play so they played a SWAC school as a non-conference game). If he wasn’t Deion’s son, he wouldn’t be a candidate.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Always thought it was more of a big fish in a small pond routine, but didn’t know if the journalist was being a homer or if there was any type of legitimacy. Hell, the kid isn’t playing football, he’s using it as a springboard for NIL deals.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
No, but he should be a solid candidate for the Walter Payton Award, which is the FCS equivalent of the Heisman

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
He is playing very good but as stated above, competition level drags him down. What could Will do playing against the SWAC ? He really needs to transfer to Auburn or some SEC team.
He's also playing WITH swac wrs and linemen. So the competition level doesn't necessarily drag him down. Because if he was an SEC level player, he'd be doing SEC level things, like Steve McNair did.

I honestly have no clue what he's done, I haven't read a word a watched of minute of JSU football. My comment is meant in general.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I’ll say this. I’ve watched him play some. If you watch only highlights you’d say dang that cat is pretty freaking good. On the other hand, I tried to watch a game and it was so bad I changed the channel after a while. I wanted to enjoy it, but I couldn’t believe how bad the football was. Short, fat rb’s, skinny and slow wr’s, sloooowww DLineman, terrible o-lineman. Then there is the occasional great player. JSU has a few. Are they really that good or the tallest midget? To me, Sanders would not be head and shoulders above many QB’s in D1. He has a long wind up it seems, but has a nice arm and can throw back shoulder. Doesn’t make quick reads or look off defenders well.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The level of talent in the defensive backfield make a huge difference. Other talent deficiencies do also. Ask any college QB that struggled in the transition from college to the NFL. Better DBs bat away or intercept that floater

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
PSA - Deion himself is going to be on 60 Minutes this Sunday night. That should be an interesting interview.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login