Is incompetent officiating ever addressed?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Watching the Cal-ND game, and Cal was just about to get the ball back after a FG miss on 4the down. But wait, an offsides was called to give ND a free first down, and upon review, no Cal player is within a foot of the line of the scrimmage when the ball is snapped.

Fast forward a couple minutes after the phantom call, and ND scored a TD to tie the game. I just don’t get how this trash is allowed to continue week after week

Willowdawg

Dec 25, 2020
I think it's one of things where you probably don't have a ton of good options. I really have no idea, but I have heard less people are getting into these days.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
And I get that in a way because so many aspects of officiating is subjective. However, things like strike zones, tennis lines, and football’s line of scrimmage can absolutely be called correctly by technology, and if some of these guys don’t want to be replaced by robots in the very near future, they’ve got to be better.

The offsides call from this game was inexcusable, and it very well may be the difference in the end result. It just can’t happen, yet we see it on a weekly basis

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I wish someone (who had the time) would catalogue all the favorable calls Bama has gotten in Saban's tenure.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login