Is it possible.......

Aug 8, 2022
The consensus seems to be that Leach teams always lose some they shouldn't and win some they shouldn't....

Is it possible that losing to LSU as the Favorite could be that 'one that got away'?

Or maybe I should take off my maroon glasses and accept history/facts?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Let's talk in 3 weeks after we are 5-1 after just beating Arkansas.

My evidence? Arkansas is about to beat aTm this coming weekend, book it. Arkansas had a down week this past weekend and aTm had an up week. Then aTm has to follow that up with a road trip to Starkville, where we have a warm up before them. We will beat them. Meanwhile Arkansas hosts Alabama, may have Gameday, all that jazz. Not only will they be beat up, but they'll be sure to have a down week as they go on the road to Starkville the following week. We beat Arkansas as well. We will be building momentum each week. Reminds me a lot of 2000, where we took out Florida and Auburn back to back.

LSU game will be forgotten in a hurry by that Monday, 3 weeks from now.

EdwardDrayton

Jul 1, 2022
Thinking 6-6. 5-7 is definitely on the table but taking the left fork down Optimist Lane and we pick up that sixth win somewhere. If it goes Ugly Fork and we God forbid allow Aubie to take us down in our house, it’s 4-8 and we’re all renting our clothes to shreds, wailing and looking to burn someone in the public square.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Could easily be anywhere from 5-7 to 8-4. I'm still thinking 6-6.

Aug 22, 2012

My evidence? Arkansas is about to beat aTm this coming weekend, book it. Arkansas had a down week this past weekend and aTm had an up week. Then aTm has to follow that up with a road trip to Starkville, where we have a warm up before them. We will beat them. Meanwhile Arkansas hosts Alabama, may have Gameday, all that jazz. Not only will they be beat up, but they'll be sure to have a down week as they go on the road to Starkville the following week. We beat Arkansas as well. We will be building momentum each week. Reminds me a lot of 2000, where we took out Florida and Auburn back to back.

People are going to try and roast you for this but at Washington State Leach won nine games in 2015 after losing the opener to Portland State. So that kind of success would fit his profile.

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
This is what I'm telling myself.

The alternative is hoping everyone else sucks worse than we do and someone in Vegas likes the Leach vs Previous PAC-12 Employer/Rival storyline and we get a nice holiday trip to be the SEC's first rep in that bowl.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I said this at the beginning of the season and still feel this way. With the exception of Alabama and Georgia, every single conference game on our schedule is a toss up. Nothing that happened against LSU changes my feelings on that.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The alternative is hoping everyone else sucks worse than we do and someone in Vegas likes the Leach vs Previous PAC-12 Employer/Rival storyline and we get a nice holiday trip to be the SEC's first rep in that bowl.

Well, so far, we’re 1-2 against Leach’s previous employers and OU hasn’t even joined the conference yet.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I said this at the beginning of the season and still feel this way. With the exception of Alabama and Georgia, every single conference game on our schedule is a toss up. Nothing that happened against LSU changes my feelings on that.

Accurate statement.

Capt Croom

Sep 18, 2022
I hope that’s the case. I’m just afraid Saturday is a result of running the same 8 plays the seem to be written on the back of a key west bar receipt against elite SEC defenses.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I'm happy with 6 wins. Because 8 wins only means a somewhat better bowl location.

We are better than last year and I'll just enjoy that fact.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

I see only 3 games remaining that we have a chance to win: Bowling Green, Auburn and East Tennessee State.

For the record, I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
A&M looks very beatable to me but State can’t win if they continue to pile up mistakes. Miami killed themselves all throughout their game and I could easily see the Dawgs doing the same thing. Aside from that the Canes were fairly competitive on the line of scrimmage and their receivers were able to get separation.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login