Is next years starting QB even on the Roster?

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I just don’t see Rogers or Wright being on the roster next year. If it is Parson then he needs to start getting some snaps. In this day of NIL why even redshirt?

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Man, can’t remember the last time o saw one of our WRs bail a qb out on a deep ball like that. Granted we haven’t thrown a lot of jump balls in the past 4 years. Still nice to see.

Reactions: knock him out john

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Wolff
We won’t be running the same offense next season. This whole staff is going to be fired. Bumphis and tony Hughes may be on the next coaches staff but Barbie won’t be.
the architect of this staff needs to go too, you can’t compete in the SEC with high school coaches acting as GMs. YOu need veteran P5 coaches putting together a staff, this isn’t cutting it.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Iowa put up 41 on this 2-3 G5 team , and Iowas offense is ranked like 135th in the country.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I agree on the progression of the offense. They’ve improved. I’m saying Arnett is going to be gone. And I assume a new coach will want a new OC
If we are 4-8 or worse? Yeah, maybe. But anything beyond that and Arnett will be back.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
With this staff, yes. A new staff, I give it 90% chance.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
We scored 40+ against inferior talent but the D is the problem. Specifically the pass defense. They can not play at this level. Period.
The D has to be shaping up to be historically bad regarding completion percentage and QBR. There isn't anything they do well that I can see. Hopefully the staff finds something they're good at and maximizes it during the bye

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
None of this matters because we will probably go 5-7 and Arnett will be back. We don’t have the talent to lose to USM, we proved that today. We will slip up and beat an SEC team.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
None of this matters because we will probably go 5-7 and Arnett will be back. We don’t have the talent to lose to USM, we proved that today. We will slip up and beat an SEC team.
I just don't see the fan booster support for arnett unless he makes it to 6-6 and we start seeing some improvements on defense

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I just don't see the fan booster support for arnett unless he makes it to 6-6 and we start seeing some improvements on defense
That’s why we needed him to lose today if we wanted him fired 😂😂

Now I’m just trying to make the best of a pile of shlt, similar to Moorhead in 2019.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
other than USM, what other win do you see 4-8 is the ceiling now.
I stopped predicting individual toss-up games a long time ago. But all 6 games left except USM are just that. We have 3 games left against unranked teams that all currently have 2+ losses. We have a home game against soon to be unranked UK, who we haven’t lost to in Starkville since 2008. We have the Egg Bowl at home which is always unpredictable, and a cupcake game beforehand to keep us from being emotionally spent the week before.

And, we have a well-timed bye week to help us get ready for all of it. Wouldn’t shock me at all if we won 1 or 2 of those games. 1-5 would shock me, but if it happens there is obviously only one move to make.

I’m convinced that we, as always, have this idiotic, menopausal portion of our fanbase who actually are rooting for 4-8 more than they are for 6-6 or 7-5, so they convince themselves its going to happen. It was the same last year with the anti-Air Raid clowns who were all predicting / hoping for 6-6 after the UK game.

Last edited:

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
If WMU’s 3rd string QB can dice up this defense, then it’s going to be ugly with the remaining QBs on our schedule. People say, “Egg Bowl is unpredictable.” Not really. If healthy, Dart will name the score against us. A&M and those wideouts and that DL? They might beat us by 50. Our defense is the worst defense in D1. We’re going 0fer in conference, unless we get lucky and play someone plagued with injuries.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I stopped predicting individual toss-up games a long time ago. But all 6 games left except USM are just that. We have 3 games left against unranked teams that all currently have 2+ losses. We have a home game against soon to be unranked UK, who we haven’t lost to in Starkville since 2008. We have the Egg Bowl at home which is always unpredictable, and a cupcake game beforehand to keep us from being emotionally spent the week before.

And, we have a well-timed bye week to help us get ready for all of it. Wouldn’t shock me at all if we won 1 or 2 of those games. 1-5 would shock me, but if it happens there is obviously only one move to make.

I’m convinced that we, as always, have this idiotic, menopausal portion of our fanbase who actually are rooting for 4-8 more than they are for 6-6 or 7-5, so they convince themselves its going to happen. It was the same last year with the anti-Air Raid clowns who were all predicting / hoping for 6-6 after the UK game.
There is no sec game left on our schedule that is a toss up. We will be around a touchdown (at least) underdog in all of our remaining sec games.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
If WMU’s 3rd string QB can dice up this defense, then it’s going to be ugly with the remaining QBs on our schedule. People say, “Egg Bowl is unpredictable.” Not really. If healthy, Dart will name the score against us. A&M and those wideouts and that DL? They might beat us by 50. Our defense is the worst defense in D1. We’re going 0fer in conference, unless we get lucky and play someone plagued with injuries.
Isn’t that the truth. I would imagine Dart can name the score, literally

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Dart will certainly be a problem, but not because he’s awesome. And Will is going to carve them up too because their defense is pretty bad, too. Egg Bowl spread will be less than a TD either way, unless there are major injuries on one side.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
There is no sec game left on our schedule that is a toss up. We will be around a touchdown (at least) underdog in all of our remaining sec games.
I’d be beyond shocked if UK is favored by 7 or more in Starkville. But if they are, I’ll certainly bet us to cover. In case you aren’t watching them right now, they are same old Kentucky.

I expect Egg Bowl to be 5 points or less, just as it has been every year since OM was mailing it in with Matt Luke.

Ark and Auburn I expect to be less than 7, neither of those teams are impressive.

A&M is the only one that I see being more than a TD.

But ultimately, the spread isn’t what matters, its talent on the field. Already saw that against South Carolina, where they had by far the best player on the field but we still battled them to what should have been, at minimum, an OT loss if not for awful officiating. TD underdog in that game. We aren’t at a major talent deficit against anyone left but A&M….and they are perreniel underachievers who we have pretty good success against for many years now.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
We aren’t beating aTm on the road this year. Highly doubtful we handle Ark or Auby on the road either. It’s tough to win in this conference on the road if you aren’t top tier.

Reactions: knock him out john
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login