Is OT not required anymore?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
ANYBODY who focuses solely on Mississippi State sports and wants to talk about nothing else is either already in an institution or will be at some time in the near future ***
Randy Savage Yes GIF by WWE

Reactions: thatsbaseball

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
If not I'll adjust accordingly. Tired is tired of opening dumb threads that have nothing to do with sports or State.
Now that there’s the True Maroon board, we’re the OT board.

(I could sarcasterisk that but it’s awfully close to the truth**)

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
If not I'll adjust accordingly. Tired is tired of opening dumb threads that have nothing to do with sports or State.
Are there some specific threads you can point out so we can shame the OP of each?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
As an example... @57stratdawg posted "Are we buying Boeing?" without the "OT:"... two ways of going about this:
1. say "17 YOU @57stratdawg, you steaming cowpile. It's two letters and a piece of punctuation! God, you could make me want to start a thread about this obvious faux pas.”
2. Say that it's topical because Boeing placed its Stitched Resin Infused Composite Research Center at the Raspet Flight Research Lab at Mississippi State, Mississippi's flagship research university.

Then we have @PK Dawg, who started a thread called "So I just found" and the contents are mainly about his wife hiding her instagram account from him. No “OT:”. Should we:
1. Say “17 you @PK Dawg, you steaming cowpile (or if we’re Goat, mouthbreather); it’s two letters and a punctuation mark! I’m shaking with anger right now at how badly you’re messing up the SPS experience for the rest of us!”
2. Say that it’s topical because most of us in the Sixpack are in Mrs. PK’s DMs as we speak… Sixpackspeak (see, it’s all circular, man).

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Usually you can tell by the thread title but I guess from now on we should identify if it's actually about football or some sport associated with Mississippi State. There'll be less confusion if we do it that way because we have so many OT threads. I will say these kinds of threads have increased since we merged the page but it is over with it's not gonna change

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
As an example... @57stratdawg posted "Are we buying Boeing?" without the "OT:"... two ways of going about this:
1. say "17 YOU @57stratdawg, you steaming cowpile. It's two letters and a piece of punctuation! God, you could make me want to start a thread about this obvious faux pas.”
2. Say that it's topical because Boeing placed its Stitched Resin Infused Composite Research Center at the Raspet Flight Research Lab at Mississippi State, Mississippi's flagship research university.

Then we have @PK Dawg, who started a thread called "So I just found" and the contents are mainly about his wife hiding her instagram account from him. No “OT:”. Should we:
1. Say “17 you @PK Dawg, you steaming cowpile (or if we’re Goat, mouthbreather); it’s two letters and a punctuation mark! I’m shaking with anger right now at how badly you’re messing up the SPS experience for the rest of us!”
2. Say that it’s topical because most of us in the Sixpack are in Mrs. PK’s DMs as we speak… Sixpackspeak (see, it’s all circular, man).
Don’t drag me into this….

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
If you hover your mouse over the title, the preview will answer most of your questions about the topic inside. Just a little tech hack the good people at On3 provided for us that might help us make it in this crazy, threadedview-less world.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login