Is re-gifting ok?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
A lot of people on my list wouldn't get gifts if I didn't "re-gift", tell them to take it or leave it.

By the way, is that Hal Easterwood in your avi pic?

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

cytubb

Feb 25, 2008
Yes that’s Hal. He knocked my dads Teeth out in the 50s when he played at State. 🤣. I got a Christmas gift that I never took out of the gift bag and took it to Moms house for the holidays to eat, week later I needed some gifts for the neighbors so Mom gets me some gifts together and unknowingly to me or her it ends up at a neighbors house. I text to tell them it was on their front porch. I have not heard from them so I began thinking about the gift I had gotten and deducted it was the one I gave them.😂💩

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Re-gift as in you gave a gift to someone who had given that very same gift to you?
-or-
Re-gift as in you gave a gift to someone and you had gotten the gift from someone else?

Neither is great, but the first one is totally unacceptable.
Your situation just sounds like a mixup. Seems like a laugh together would be in order while you give them the 'correct gift' and get the other one back.

Reactions: onewoof

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Yes that’s Hal. He knocked my dads Teeth out in the 50s when he played at State. 🤣. I got a Christmas gift that I never took out of the gift bag and took it to Moms house for the holidays to eat, week later I needed some gifts for the neighbors so Mom gets me some gifts together and unknowingly to me or her it ends up at a neighbors house. I text to tell them it was on their front porch. I have not heard from them so I began thinking about the gift I had gotten and deducted it was the one I gave them.😂💩
Try a little more strategic re-gifting next time. Or just say, "you liked it so much to get it for me, and I loved it so much I'd hate for you to not have one." Selfless.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
Same gift in the same year, yea you got busted. You have to make it a running joke now.

I got caught one year by an extended family member where I re-gifted a gift from the previous year. I think it was a knife, flashlight or some other outdoor gear that I already had a go to one in my kit. The original gift giver called me out and I then had to blow some serious smoke. I went on about how much I used it and how it made a great gift. I'm not sure if they bought it but I tried.

Reactions: cytubb

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
Yes. Just don’t frank the tank it and re-gift the gift to the same person that gave it to you

Reactions: cytubb

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
We have a fruit cake floating around our family that's been re-gifted for the last 12 years. It's a family joke now, "Who got the fruit cake this year?".
My family did that for a while too. We quit a couple years ago due to my grandmother passing. That fruit cake made it about 10 years. Best use of a fruit cake IMO.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
We have a fruit cake floating around our family that's been re-gifted for the last 12 years. It's a family joke now, "Who got the fruit cake this year?".
I heard a story once of a family regifting a pair of 70’s era disco pants for 30 plus years. If I remember correctly they started this after their mother passed. Whoever got the gift also hosted the family Christmas dinner every year.

Through the years the packages got more and more elaborate until one year the host sibling decided to put pants inside a bag and poured concrete around the bag. The bag tore and allowed concrete inside, which fused to the pants, ending this multi-decade charade.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Embarrassing GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login