Is she rude or what?? What say the pack.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It's pretty simple for me. If everybody did what she's doing it would cause a problem. The line would end up out in the walkways for no good reason.

Just conform on something as simple as this. Don't be a self absorbed ***.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Rude. I guess someone could get about an inch away from her and breathe heavy cause that's their right.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I love how creatures resembling humans do the most narcissistic things and act oblivious by immersing their attention into a phone.

B I T C H. Your s h i t is on wheels. Slide up. Try doing that in your car and you’ll get passed up with quickness.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
It's pretty simple for me. If everybody did what she's doing it would cause a problem. The line would end up out in the walkways for no good reason.

Just conform on something as simple as this. Don't be a self absorbed ***.
This. It's definitely rude behavior as it does have consequences.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Hey DCD
If you in line at a grain elevator and pull that crap, someone will let you know what they think about you in about 3 minutes. It won’t be pleasant either!

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
I mean… she’s not wrong, but I get the frustration for those behind her.
While she's not wrong about the actual timing, this seems to be another case of the self absorbed millennial mindset. This is my world and the rest of you are just living in it.

If it's a few feet, meh, but that looks like there is 30+ feet in front of her.

Like someone else said, I would just go around her and go about my business.

Reactions: Dawgg

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022

Look, it doesn't matter for the time you wait prior to getting to the check-in station, but..... at that particular location everyone behind her is stuck sitting outside the queue. Blocking other traffic.

If it were me, I would just take my rolling bag and roll right past her to where the line is. I would skip her. No doubt about it. When asked, I would say.... "I didn't know you were in line, as you are not moving with the line. For whatever selfish reason, you seem to think you can just stand in the way of people. Sorry, but you are no longer engaged in the line, but just standing there doing nothing, so I decided I was going to get into line."

Next time, pack less bags that make it easier to keep up with the line, karen.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Of course that is rude behavior.
Its a (near)universally accepted social norm and she is likely just doing it to 17 with people and feel good about having some power.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
While she's not wrong about the actual timing, this seems to be another case of the self absorbed millennial mindset. This is my world and the rest of you are just living in it.

If it's a few feet, meh, but that looks like there is 30+ feet in front of her.

Like someone else said, I would just go around her and go about my business.
I agree with your post overall, but the red part is just BS. Associating it to a generational deficiency is lazy and inaccurate. For that to be true, it requires other generations to not have self absorbed people. It requires other generations to not have people that enjoy being difficult to others in public places.

Just because someone is 70 doesnt mean their behavior(good or bad) is attributable to their generation. Just because someone is 325 doesnt mean their behavior(good or bad) is attributable to their generation. Further, if they display behavior that conflicts with what you think typical behavior is for their generation, that also doesnt mean anything from a generational perspective.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
I think this falls under the same category as not returning your shopping cart to the corral. There isn't a law mandating you have to move forward but she is so lazy and self absorbed that she can't be bothered to follow social expectations. People like her need a good throat punch to bring them down a peg and back to reality.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Similar thing happened while waiting in the car line to get into Zion National Park. The guy in front of me would wait until there were 4 or 5 car lengths in front of him before moving up. I get it--but I still wanted to pass him or, better yet, get out and punch him! Of course, glad now I didn't do either.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Similar thing happened while waiting in the car line to get into Zion National Park. The guy in front of me would wait until there were 4 or 5 car lengths in front of him before moving up. I get it--but I still wanted to pass him or, better yet, get out and punch him! Of course, glad now I didn't do either.
Next time take a New Yorker attitude.......blow the horn and cuss. LOL

Reactions: HomeBoyDawg

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Not Cool No GIF by Saturday Night Live

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
If the line is spilling out of the queueing area she's definitely in the wrong.

The air travel social norm I wish we'd change would be to let people behind you without carry on bags off the plane before you if there's room in front of you. It would clear up space for more people behind you and you wouldn't cause delays trying to get your bag down. It would take less than a second to let that person pass.

Reactions: dorndawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
If the line is spilling out of the queueing area she's definitely in the wrong.

The air travel social norm I wish we'd change would be to let people behind you without carry on bags off the plane before you if there's room in front of you. It would clear up space for more people behind you and you wouldn't cause delays trying to get your bag down. It would take less than a second to let that person pass.
This is easy, just stand up the second the plane lands and you'll already be well on your way.**

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login