Is there a way to read what people put on podcast?

bullygrowl

Sep 29, 2022
All these guys that link a podcast with a catchy heading draws me in and I want to read it not hear it. I have tried but I just can't do it. If a 30 minute podcast was put on print, I could read the parts I'm interested in, in 5-10 minutes. I normally catch up on my State fix during down time at work, which can come in few minute spurts. I just loathe hearing two dudes ramble in between interesting talking points. I may be wrong, but, I feel like the hosts of these podcasts are missing out on a lot of listeners/readers by not having that option. Anytime I click on one thinking its an article, I just exit out when it says click to hear more. It may not work that way for ratings or rankings.

Reactions: kired

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
But how will you get your HelloFresh, Squarespace, Blue Apron, Campus Bookmart, Maroon & Co, Bulldog Burger Place, or Manscape promo codes without listening?

Also, I feel like the better ones put the topic agenda in the show notes with time stamps.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
For a king's ransom I'll listen and transcribe them all for you.*

Wait, does this transaction basically reinvent, or revert back to, the printed information media, colloquially known as News on paper?

I'm genuinely curious if there's a large group of people that would want that.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
It would be a great addition to podcasts if they could highlight portions of the broadcast. Bo Bounds always puts full segments & then individually lists out high points of the show in smaller/shorter segments for time management. I am able to work & listen to podcasts all throughout the day but when I want quick updates when I can’t listen, I catch up w/the shorter segments. Transcribing even a short pod would be tedious. Great job opportunity for those fast typers who need income. After all, it is America, money’s been made in stranger ways before fo sho.

Aug 23, 2012
All these guys that link a podcast with a catchy heading draws me in and I want to read it not hear it. I have tried but I just can't do it. If a 30 minute podcast was put on print, I could read the parts I'm interested in, in 5-10 minutes. I normally catch up on my State fix during down time at work, which can come in few minute spurts. I just loathe hearing two dudes ramble in between interesting talking points. I may be wrong, but, I feel like the hosts of these podcasts are missing out on a lot of listeners/readers by not having that option. Anytime I click on one thinking its an article, I just exit out when it says click to hear more. It may not work that way for ratings or rankings.

I asked the same question some time back for exactly the same reason and the answer then was if it was written then it would not be a podcast. Seems to me that there would be more clicks if there was a written version as I don't click on them if they are a lengthy podcast. I would think there are many more of the same mindset as me and bully growl

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
I would imagine the only way would be through some voice to text add-on to a computer for hearing impaired. No one is ever going to transcribe it

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I would definitely read 10 articles for every one pod that I would listen to. I can't stand to hear coughing and hacking, heavy breathing, wrestling talk, promo codes, silly banter between hosts that sounds like 13 yr old humor. I know pods exist because of advertising but hearing the same ads for the same businesses over and over and over again is a big waste of my time. Good example is I read all of Joel's articles that pop up on this site but NEVER go and listen to the pod he does that pops up here too.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Speaking to the Choir.

Too many podcasters and folks being interviewed shouldn't be doing podcasts.

My Gold Standard for Podcasters who also provide transcripts is Tyler Mahan Coe's Cocaine & Rhinestones.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login