Is this targeting. I think this is targeting.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
We've all had issues with the implementation of the targeting rule, but you'd be hard pressed to find a person that thinks that hit should be legal.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
This might be THE SINGLE dumbest play ever made by a football player in the history of mankind.
Sure, he risked paralyzing himself and giving a major concussion to another player, but remember that time Clint Stoerner cost Arkansas the SEC West championship by setting the ball on the ground rather than taking a sack?**

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight
Oct 17, 2023
That looked like, he said I know I'm getting kicked out but this guy is their best player and I'm taking him out no matter what.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Sure, he risked paralyzing himself and giving a major concussion to another player, but remember that time Clint Stoerner cost Arkansas the SEC West championship by setting the ball on the ground rather than taking a sack?**
One of the most important plays in Mississippi state history

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Yes, yes he does.

I know we are not supposed to laugh at stuff like this, but it was a different era then. I was at that game and we had a really, really good crowd there. Probably 30k or more. Half the Georgia dome.

Any way, what you don't see in this gif is the guy getting up and walking toward the wrong bench very shakily before falling down again. I'll never forget the roar of the crowd, first on that hit, then when he fell down again.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Yes, yes he does.

The craziest thing about that clip is to realize there are two middle linebackers rushing the quarterback, and 4 300+ pound linemen dropping back into pass coverage, which is why they were there to grab the jettisoned ball. Joe Lee was a lot of fun when he had some talent to work with.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login