It’s a good gig if you can get it…

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Hey Boss, remember my yearly projections we went over back in June? Boy did I look good in my new suit that day. Remember? Yeah, I really impressed you and the rest of the team with my big sales forecasts. Remember how good my PowerPoint was? Lots of fancy colors and cool transitions. I even Bluetooth controlled them from my phone. Fancy. It was so good in fact that I sent a video of the presentation to our competitors. Wow we’re they impressed. And boy did I deliver in Q3! Razzle Dazzle! KA-POW! I picked up all the sales to companies whose previous suppliers dropped them due to extremely low margins. I even price matched to lock that sale in. I impress myself sometimes…wait…all of the time. Well you’ve probably heard that the big shop across town has really been wanting me. They love me so much, I slacked on on my efforts for you in Q4 out of respect for them. I know this made my overall numbers only drop 20% from last year and we dropped several key accounts, but hey, I didn’t need those when I look this good and have job opportunities everywhere. In fact tanking here, helps me there. So anyway, I’ve got a lot going for me lately.

Boss: How about we double your salary? And give you a fancy new company car?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It's all about former glory and future glory. Never the present when it's a failure

Reactions: Hail State

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Hey Boss, remember my yearly projections we went over back in June? Boy did I look good in my new suit that day. Remember? Yeah, I really impressed you and the rest of the team with my big sales forecasts. Remember how good my PowerPoint was? Lots of fancy colors and cool transitions. I even Bluetooth controlled them from my phone. Fancy. It was so good in fact that I sent a video of the presentation to our competitors. Wow we’re they impressed. And boy did I deliver in Q3! Razzle Dazzle! KA-POW! I picked up all the sales to companies whose previous suppliers dropped them due to extremely low margins. I even price matched to lock that sale in. I impress myself sometimes…wait…all of the time. Well you’ve probably heard that the big shop across town has really been wanting me. They love me so much, I slacked on on my efforts for you in Q4 out of respect for them. I know this made my overall numbers only drop 20% from last year and we dropped several key accounts, but hey, I didn’t need those when I look this good and have job opportunities everywhere. In fact tanking here, helps me there. So anyway, I’ve got a lot going for me lately.

Boss: How about we double your salary? And give you a fancy new company car?
strutter.gif

Reactions: HRMSU

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
Hey, he 'fits the mold' up there. Proof that style is more important than substance to that group. The delusion is thick. At the end of the day, Ole Miss is about to be house poor just like aTm. You would have thought they would have watched what was going on to their west and taken note, but they had to have a big flashy contract to wave around. They just got played, but they're too wrapped up in the self-promotion activities to realize it.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Even when they were 7-0 in the top 10 I was saying they were only a 20-25 team and that ended up playing out. Anbody who took note of their Troy (to some extent), Tulsa, KY, Vandy, & AU games shoulda known that but there were many here blowing them like an OM Sorority HO and saying they would stomp out a$$ in the Egg Bowl.

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
Hey, he 'fits the mold' up there. Proof that style is more important than substance to that group. The delusion is thick. At the end of the day, Ole Miss is about to be house poor just like aTm. You would have thought they would have watched what was going on to their west and taken note, but they had to have a big flashy contract to wave around. They just got played, but they're too wrapped up in the self-promotion activities to realize it.
aTm is not house poor though.

Puppychow

Nov 5, 2014
Ole Miss paid that man, not based on performance, but to stave off the embarrassment of losing him to Auburn.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Ole Miss went from top 10 to unranked in 5 weeks, lost 4 out of 5, lose the egg bowl at home, and Kiffin gets an extension and doubles his salary in less than a year.
It's quite funny when you phrase it this way.
He was at least being pursued by another program though.

Meanwhile, Mizzou increased Drinkwitz's salary and buyout mid-season even though nobody wanted him.
Coaching salaries are absurd.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login