It’s hard to conceive how stupid this coaching staff is.

AFDawg

Apr 28, 2010
In 1896 by Pope Leo XIII issued a letter declaring the ordinations of the Church of England to be “absolutely null and utterly void.” That phrase also perfectly sums up the Mississippi State coaching staff.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Dare I say Croom and his staff were a bit above where we are now? This is a new low.
Croom didn’t inherit a team like this. But, he lost to Maine. I think they’re about the same.

The difference to me is that Arnett is way too young, and should have never been put in this position. That’s Keenum’s fault. Croom was completely unqualified and incapable, but he was an old man when he was hired and brought all of his misery on himself by being an arrogant, prideful piece of ****.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Croom didn’t inherit a team like this. But, he lost to Maine. I think they’re about the same.

The difference to me is that Arnett is way too young, and should have never been put in this position. That’s Keenum’s fault. Croom was completely unqualified and incapable, but he was an old man when he was hired and brought all of his misery on himself by being an arrogant, prideful piece of ****.
You think we could beat Maine right now? I have my doubts.

cling84

Aug 22, 2012
I would argue that the problem is in dumping the Air Raid, which is what brought success and experience, for new schemes which only new kids would have experience... Rogers had played AR since high school and knew so much about it, then Arnett changes it to something he had not played ever...

Reactions: Bullldawg78

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Oh. He’ll still be around. Along with the stupid mfers that got in his ear and told him to fire all of Leach’s offensive staff.
The main reason I wouldn't keep him around is the outside (make that way outside) chance he could 17 around and beat OM.....then you'd have a 17ing soap opera on your hands on top of everything else. Fire him now and move on.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I posted early in the season or right before it that I expected some ups and downs with a rookie coach. I was prepared for poor clock management, going for it on 4th down in bad situations, not going for two when needed, etc. I was not prepared to see this.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Will wants to come back for Egg Bowl I commend his allegiance to state, but the real problem is he is a square peg in a round offense with this crap Barbary is putting on the field. Will we score more with him at the helm, no question yes, will we be able to keep OM from hanging 40 or more on us, I have serious reservations. In my humble opinion, 90% of our problems stem from the walk away from the air raid with our roster.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Let me remind folks that I advocated for Miller instead of Arnept. Probly would not have worked out long term either but he was a much more experienced coach. It definitely could not have been any worse. BTW Tarleton State is 8 and 3 in case anybody wondered....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawg1976
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login