It’s official

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I swear, I'd let all the scrubs play the entire game today. And prepare for a mass portal exit.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
What am I going to watch in my pool now? One of my favorite things to do in May and June is float my fat *** in the pool, drink beer, and watch postseason Bulldog baseball.

ETA: 17 OM too. I can't hate-watch them and root for them to lose either.

Last edited:

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Let’s find some pitching. I think we’re in decent shape otherwise.

Line up should be solid next year with Marshon, Highfield, Dakota & Hines. Chance as well. Not sure Alford will be here next year.

Last edited:

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Let’s find some pitching. I think we’re in decent shape otherwise.

Line up should be solid next year with Marshon, Highfield, Dakota & Hines. Chance as well. Not sure Alford will be here next year.
Our lineup is 10th in the SEC in hitting. We have no ace. Pen is horrible. There's no possible way to sign everything we need in the portal. And we're going to lose a couple players too.

Reactions: patdog

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Our lineup is 10th in the SEC in hitting. We have no ace. Pen is horrible. There's no possible way to sign everything we need in the portal. And we're going to lose a couple players too.
I hear you. But, the talent among those young position players is hard to deny. Lo, Holcombe and Siery should be major contributors next year on the mound too.

Either way, I don’t think the Athletic Department made any attempt to raise funds to fire the staff. I don’t think there were any serious conversations about a coaching change this offseason.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Fat boy should be toast but we don't have the balls. Portal opens in a couple weeks. That door is going to be a revolving one.

Don’t think I’ve ever heard $5 million used synonymously with “balls” before….but here we are breaking new ground on SPS every day.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I hear you. But, the talent among those young position players is hard to deny. Lo, Holcombe and Siery should be major contributors next year on the mound too.

Either way, I don’t think the Athletic Department made any attempt to raise funds to fire the staff. I don’t think there were any serious conversations about a coaching change this offseason.
Siary? He's not an SEC guy. He's midweek at best. Holcombe struggled. Lo isn't coming back from the rumors. Just no way to fix all this in one portal class. We failed to last year already. Lemonis and this staff sucks at evaluation and development.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Siary? He's not an SEC guy. He's midweek at best. Holcombe struggled. Lo isn't coming back from the rumors. Just no way to fix all this in one portal class. We failed to last year already. Lemonis and this staff sucks at evaluation and development.
Siary is about to prove you wrong or right.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

The talent amongst those guys?

Lo, Siery, Holcombe have a combined ERA this season over 7, they have a combined ERA in the SEC over 11.

The young position players are role guys. Mershon needs to play 2b. Jordan is the ONLY impact freshman we have in our lineup and he’s not as good as other freshman in the conference (Feel free to look around).

Just because they play, and they are better than our older players dont mean they are impact type guys.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
Don't get down y'all Lemo will have us back in the promised land (Hoover) before we know it

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Can’t call it anything other than a failure of a season. Fairly or not, he’s probably going to get 2024 to fix it. But his seat is beyond toasty.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
It's pitiful that this is the last game of the year and we are still so defensively inept. You'd think just from repetition of playing out a season that there'd be improvement in that department. There is absolutely no reason Foresight needs to be on the team next year.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Some tough conversations need to be had over these next few weeks to coaches and players

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm guessing we lost. It must've been a great pitching battle, with some fine fielding displayed by our team.

The last time I cared so little about our baseball team was so long ago I can't remember. I think I was still living in Mississippi. I didn't bother listening to the game or keeping up with what happened because I was pretty confident about what would happen. It was too late anyway.

I'm done talking about baseball till we get rid of the coaching staff. I'm sure they won't miss me, but I'm sure I won't be the only one.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I'm guessing we lost. It must've been a great pitching battle, with some fine fielding displayed by our team.

The last time I cared so little about our baseball team was so long ago I can't remember. I think I was still living in Mississippi. I didn't bother listening to the game or keeping up with what happened because I was pretty confident about what would happen. It was too late anyway.

I'm done talking about baseball till we get rid of the coaching staff. I'm sure they won't miss me, but I'm sure I won't be the only one.
I feel your pain. This and last season were the most embarrassing years I can remember as a State fan. Win an NC then this?

I don't see how Lemonis can keep his job after leading the league in ERA and fielding. I could understand keeping him if one of those stats were middle of the pack. Of course, if that were the case we would be playing at Hoover and possibly in the NCAA.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Don't get down y'all Lemo will have us back in the promised land (Hoover) before we know it
How did he get us there in the beginning + a 50 win season and CWS trip his very first season here? Was what he inherited THAT much better than what he recruited?

Damn it's hard to wrap my brain around just how Lemonis let things get away from him.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
If we bring Lemonis back, we’re giving up the pretense that Mississippi State is an elite program. Elite programs cut bait and go get a big time coach (see LSU & USC football). If your plan involves hoping Lemonis turns it around, you have no plan.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
How did he get us there in the beginning + a 50 win season and CWS trip his very first season here? Was what he inherited THAT much better than what he recruited?

Damn it's hard to wrap my brain around just how Lemonis let things get away from him.
It’s not hard. He just isn’t cut out to build a program. He and the staff are lazy. And they cant evaluate or develop.

if all it took was finding a player or 2 to drop in the lineup he would be fine.

Bart and Charlie touched on this in their pod. If Cade goes pro we have zero established SEC starting pitchers. Good luck with that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login