It’s time to recognize the real 1941 national champs:

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Hang the banner! UCF claims an NC after their undefeated season.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
Ole Miss hung a SEC Western Division Champs banner for 2003. I must have just hallucinated about Eli tripping over Doug Buckles foot & them losing in Red Stick.

Hang a damned 1941 National Championship banner now! Our great great grandparents are not around to correct us.

While we are at it - let's claim a natty in basketball in 1996 because using Crimson Tide logic, we would have won if Bullard had not thrown the game against Syracuse & we had just beaten Kentucky three weeks earlier.

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The NCAA should set up a commission. Then let every school present why they claim a NC and let the commission decides if it counts. It could also let schools who possibly won one present the case to them as well and let them decide. I bet if you counted up all the NC championships over the last 100 seasons there would be 500 or more NC's claimed.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Awwhellnaw

Jun 29, 2017
Ole Miss hung a SEC Western Division Champs banner for 2003. I must have just hallucinated about Eli tripping over Doug Buckles foot & them losing in Red Stick.

Hang a damned 1941 National Championship! Our great great grandparents are not around to correct us.

While we are at it - let's claim a natty in basketball in 1996 because using Crimson Tide, we would have won if Bullard had not thrown the game against Syracuse & we had just beaten Kentucky three weeks earlier.
Doesn’t their banner say something to the effect of “SEC West Co-Champions”? Either way, it’s a lie. But remember who we are talking about here.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012

Hang a damned 1941 National Championship! Our great great grandparents are not around to correct us.

While we are at it - let's claim a natty in basketball in 1996 because using Crimson Tide, we would have won if Bullard had not thrown the game against Syracuse & we had just beaten Kentucky three weeks earlier.
That game was in Oxford. My 21st birthday. I watched it from the Grove decked in maroon and white

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Hypothetically speaking…..someone could create a poll thread on here with a final ranking of all teams after the 1941 season, name it the “On3 SPS Index” or something, let all qualified voters vote for up to 10 or 25 teams or something.

If such a scientific method were to be utilized and documented forever on the interwebs, a linked URL to the poll could be used as source material for Wikipedia.

Just sayin’

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
If we’re claiming ‘41 officially, need to go ahead and accept UF’s forfeit and grab the SEC title for ‘80 at the same time.
Again using Bama logic, didn't it rain the day we played USM in 80. That loss doesn't count - Boom Another Natty

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
But UGA won the SEC in ‘80…
And we didn’t play them. We did play Florida, who cheated by having an assistant spy on our practices prior to the game, then beat us by one score, costing us the SEC title and the Sugar Bowl.
4 years later, they offered to forfeit the game prior to the NCAA investigation. For whatever reason, we have not accepted it.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
The idea of any Southern school claiming a title before integration is pretty suspect. Imagine if the College Football Playoff had been in place way back then, and was open to all football programs.

And just to be clear, I'm primarily throwing shade at Alabama and Ole Miss here, not at the idea of us claiming a pretend national title to go along with theirs.

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
And we didn’t play them. We did play Florida, who cheated by having an assistant spy on our practices prior to the game, then beat us by one score, costing us the SEC title and the Sugar Bowl.
4 years later, they offered to forfeit the game prior to the NCAA investigation. For whatever reason, we have not accepted it.
Gotcha…was not aware.

Reactions: 00Dawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login