It always comes in 3s....

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
Randy Meisner struggled with a lot of internal demons, but the Eagles were never the same after his departure.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Tony Bennet, Sinead O'Conner, and now, Randy Meisner of the Eagles (sang "take it to the limit").
Not to disrespect the recently departed, but one of these is not like the others. O'Connor had one song that I could name, and Prince wrote that. She was more famous for being bald and the SNL thing than she was for singing. All these people calling her 'legendary' are way overblowing her contributions to music. I'm sure there are reasons for that.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Not to disrespect the recently departed, but one of these is not like the others. O'Connor had one song that I could name, and Prince wrote that. She was more famous for being bald and the SNL thing than she was for singing. All these people calling her 'legendary' are way overblowing her contributions to music. I'm sure there are reasons for that.
You were reading my mind, exactly what I came here to say. She was a 1 hit wonder w/ a song she got from Prince. Somebody else is out there on the clock for #3

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I’m betting a lot more people recognize O’Connor and “Nothing Compares 2U” than recognize probably the least notable member of the Eagles. No disrespect to any of them, but this is a weird thing to get in your feelings about.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Before the internet celebrities died and we never heard about it. 8K people die per day in the USA. 10K per day if you count abortions.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
The only reason people don't like her a nymore is because she's one of the first people to expose the rampant christian pedophilia that's been going on for centuries.

Reactions: The Fatboy

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I’m betting a lot more people recognize O’Connor and “Nothing Compares 2U” than recognize probably the least notable member of the Eagles. No disrespect to any of them, but this is a weird thing to get in your feelings about.

My feelings? LOL k.

I bet more people recognize Megan Fox than Marlon Brando too. That doesn't make her a better actor.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The one who’s not like the other two is Tony Bennett. He was a huge star for decades.

Last edited:

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I had a charcoal sketch Tony Bennet drew of Smoky Robinson. My ex wife never liked it, and threw it out when I wasn't paying attention. It was nothing special, but I could probably sell it today for twice what I paid for it

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I don't know if that's completely true. Folks may not really know the name "Randy Meisner," but his impact on music is much larger in scope than O'Conner's. "Take It To The Limit" was a huge freaking song, too.

If Sinead hadn't been mocked in a SNL skit (Phil Hartman as Frank Sinatra calling Jan Hooks as Sinead "cue ball,"), and if she hadn't embarrassed herself by tearing up a picture of the pope on national TV (ironically enough, also on SNL), she wouldn't have been noteworthy at all. She would've been forever a one hit wonder.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I don't know if that's completely true. Folks may not really know the name "Randy Meisner," but his impact on music is much larger in scope than O'Conner's. "Take It To The Limit" was a huge freaking song, too.

If Sinead hadn't been mocked in a SNL skit (Phil Hartman as Frank Sinatra calling Jan Hooks as Sinead "cue ball,"), and if she hadn't embarrassed herself by tearing up a picture of the pope on national TV (ironically enough, also on SNL), she wouldn't have been noteworthy at all. She would've been forever a one hit wonder.
That’s fair but if you look on Spotify, O’Connor’s one hit has 290 million streams. Take it to the limit was and is an absolutely great song, but as far as notoriety goes, I think it’s fair to say Meisner isn’t on her level and agreeing with a previous poster, neither of them were in Tony Bennett’s league.

Shifting gears, I thought Meisner’s reluctance to sing the song live and eventually leaving the band over the pressure of hitting those high notes was one of the more interesting parts of the documentary.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
The only reason people don't like her a nymore is because she's one of the first people to expose the rampant christian pedophilia that's been going on for centuries.

Dude, you really think the average Christian person is upset about pedophiles being exposed and held accountable for their despicable behavior? What a terrible take.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login