It amazes me....

ColoradoDawg

Sep 3, 2016
That our program can have 100 years of sustained mediocrity and our fan base still feels like going on the road to Tiger Stadium should be a gimme. You guys is crazy.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
We **** the bed last night after being up 13-0. If that doesn't piss you off what does?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I certainly never thought it’d be a gimme, but I also think it’s ok to be disappointed with 214 yds of passing and a 15 pt loss in a game in which State was favored to win. A lot of people outside of SixPack felt that we were the better team heading into the weekend

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I certainly never thought it’d be a gimme, but I also think it’s ok to be disappointed with 214 yds of passing and a 15 pt loss in a game in which State was favored to win. A lot of people outside of SixPack felt that we were the better team heading into the weekend

I would swap tackles with them if we could get freshmen tackles like that. They weren't turnstiles.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
We may not have the opportunity to beat LSU for another decade or more but last night was a winnable game (not a gimme). People know that and are pissed off that we lost . Anybody that says we shouldn't be pissed and wants to lecture State fans about it needs to take their pious attitude and stick it up their ***.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I think that's the point. Last night was a rare chance to beat them and we didn't capitalize.

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
It amazes me that we still have fans that think State should just accept our place in this conference and be grateful for whatever bread crumbs are thrown our way.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
what's worse is fans like you who think we can't go there and win. Ole Miss and Ark fans certainly don't have that sentiment.

was21

May 29, 2007
Maybe there are people in high places in the State hierarchy who think exactly like that re the football program. But they don't feel that way about baseball which on a national basis is like a gnat on a bulldog's *** sports wise.

Last edited:

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I thought we had a good shot at winning. But the fact we didn’t is not in any way shocking to me. I try to live in reality.

Dawg_4_lifes

Sep 17, 2016
It amazes me that we still have fans that think State should just accept our place in this conference and be grateful for whatever bread crumbs are thrown our way.

It still amazes me that we have fans that think that their attitude from the couch affects the teams performance. Unless your donating checks with multiple 0’s I don’t think it matters.

xxxWalkTheDawg

Oct 21, 2005
That our program can have 100 years of sustained mediocrity and our fan base still feels like going on the road to Tiger Stadium should be a gimme. You guys is crazy.

not a gimmie… but it was a should win. They had two true freshman tackles and a QB that had shown nothing till after halftime last night.

we were the most experienced and we were in year 3 of our scheme while LSU was just in game 3.

that was our better shot for a while.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I think those among us who had high hopes were overlooking State’s tendency to make mistakes. This was the third game in a row that this team had made big ones but up until last night State had overpowered the other teams and the mishaps weren’t killer. Our Dawgs aren’t good enough to overcome those problems against more talented and well coached teams in this league. If nothing else we know who this team is now.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
You're knocking down those straw men left and right . Can you name one state fan that is truly "shocked" that we loss ? Reality is that "pissed off" and "shocked are no where near synonyms .

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login