It boils down to this..

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
We've got to find a way to take the top off the defense and we've got
to learn to pass protect well enough for those long plays to develop.
Defenses don't feel any pressure to play cover 2 against this roster.
You can't screen pass and run trap plays all day long against
an SEC defense and expect to win.

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
All starts with OL. I watched LSU bottle up our D and gave their QB time to connect or opened up lanes.
I watched our OL let pressure slip up the middle/outside and blow up timing and plays all game long.
Will absolutely crumples under pressure. As soon as he feels a hand/arm on him he folds like a cheap lawn chair.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
We've got to find a way to take the top off the defense and we've got
to learn to pass protect well enough for those long plays to develop.
Defenses don't feel any pressure to play cover 2 against this roster.
You can't screen pass and run trap plays all day long against
an SEC defense and expect to win.
Our QB is not as mobile as a tackling dummy and can't create plays on his own and it makes a (mediocre at best) o-line's job just about impossible.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Mediocre at best is a huge compliment to this offensive line. It’s been abysmal so far.
I only thought about it today during the beatdown but the tighter splits of our OL makes Will do something he has probably never done since high school. Those lanes and throwing windows are tighter AND the D ends are on him much quicker.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
In that heat you just pound the ball and stop all the stupid high school plays. If in your first offensive series you go three and out so, be it. If you got three and out on the second series so, be it. Eventually you get a first down then it on. The D Line wears down. Pound on their asses. That's what you do with this type of offense. Handing the ball off to the running back and then the running back handing it off to the WR in a reverse isn't going to work in the SEC. Hell, it won't work in college football.

I will also say and have been holding off, time for a change at QB. Defensives do not respect our QB. Also, the center and guard one of them has to be changed out. They do not work good together. Th stunts and blitzes confuse the hell out of them.

I am not a freaking coach, but some things are easy to point out. The OC has to get his head out of his ***. Just because they are in those positions doesn't mean they should be in that position.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
In that heat you just pound the ball and stop all the stupid high school plays. If in your first offensive series you go three and out so, be it. If you got three and out on the second series so, be it. Eventually you get a first down then it on. The D Line wears down. Pound on their asses. That's what you do with this type of offense. Handing the ball off to the running back and then the running back handing it off to the WR in a reverse isn't going to work in the SEC. Hell, it won't work in college football.

I will also say and have been holding off, time for a change at QB. Defensives do not respect our QB. Also, the center and guard one of them has to be changed out. They do not work good together. Th stunts and blitzes confuse the hell out of them.

I am not a freaking coach, but some things are easy to point out. The OC has to get his head out of his ***. Just because they are in those positions doesn't mean they should be in that position.

Yeah! Decades of the hardnose style of running the football made us what we are today!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login