It cannot be...

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
1727785794204.png

ETA: A hardy 17 you to Helene!

ETA 2: I was only in Starkville during Katrina and Ivan so I only saw minimal or normal bad storm damage. This is the worst damage I've ever seen in person. How the hell it was that strong this far inland (Augusta, GA) I'll never wrap my head around.

Last edited:

Palmettodog

Aug 22, 2012
I heard you guys in Augusta got tore up. I'm in Lexington and was out shopping on Sunday and everyone in my line checking out was from Aiken or Augusta. We lost power for a day and my parents just got power yesterday and they are in West Columbia. I don't think anybody expected the severity of Helene.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
View attachment 661864

ETA: A hardy 17 you to Helene!

ETA 2: I was only in Starkville during Katrina and Ivan so I only saw minimal or normal bad storm damage. This is the worst damage I've ever seen in person. How the hell it was that strong this far inland (Augusta, GA) I'll never wrap my head around.
Glad you’re back among the living. The football still sucks donkey testicles.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I heard you guys in Augusta got tore up. I'm in Lexington and was out shopping on Sunday and everyone in my line checking out was from Aiken or Augusta. We lost power for a day and my parents just got power yesterday and they are in West Columbia. I don't think anybody expected the severity of Helene.

I was one of those. I drove to the outskirts of Lexington county (Batesburg-Leesville, Gilbert, Murray) both Sunday and Monday to get gas, propane, food staples, and ice. I tried to avoid I-20 where EVERYONE else was going and detour to HWY 1. Some of y'all are still without power as well.

Digging dog

Aug 22, 2012
Had the Tennessee game booked with wife and 8 other great friends.
had a cabin in Asheville booked.
never been there and was looking forward to it.
It looks terrible. So sad.

Palmettodog

Aug 22, 2012
I was one of those. I drove to the outskirts of Lexington county (Batesburg-Leesville, Gilbert, Murray) both Sunday and Monday to get gas, propane, food staples, and ice. I tried to avoid I-20 where EVERYONE else was going and detour to HWY 1. Some of y'all are still without power as well.
Yeah, Lexington Police sent out an alert asking residents purchase gas in town rather than going to the stations close to the interstate. I live off Longs Pond Rd. at I-20 and it was insane Saturday, Sunday and even yesterday. School was still closed as of today for most of the Midlands, and yes, we still have lots of people without power.

My wife and I were in the Lake Lure area, specifically Chimney Rock last January and did some shopping and bar hopping through town. The whole town is gone, nothing left. I've never seen anything like it.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Prayers for you and your family, Cochise. I have a son that lives in Biltmore Village. Fortunately, his apartment was not flooded. He has no running water or electricity and it will probably be a while for both. He says he's good on food and drinking water. State and federal assistance in the area appears to be slow but he said some of the restaurants were handing out food. He says that cell service seems to be back in the area (he was having to drive to another area to communicate with me).

Some folks may not be aware that when Camille hit in August 1969, of the estimated 259 deaths, 113 were due to flooding in Virginia.

Hurricane Camille Photograph Collection - Digital Archives - Mississippi Department of Archives and History (ms.gov)

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I am kind of surprise Ole Miss hasn't tried to use the storm to wiggle out of the trip to Columbia.**********

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login