It should be said..

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Those of you who think Stansbury can't coach a lick, you have been proven wrong today. Great gameplan, and well executed. Hit one or two more shots, get one or two more loose balls and we might've pulled it off.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Those of you who think Stansbury can't coach a lick, you have been proven wrong today. Great gameplan, and well executed. Hit one or two more shots, get one or two more loose balls and we might've pulled it off.

Roy Munson.sixpack

Sep 7, 2005
in the world would have run. We just came up a little short. You cant base one game on how good of a coach he is. There are dozens the other way. We lost because of 2nd chance points, period.

SnakePlissken

Feb 24, 2008
or get the loose balls but he can, and DID, put his team in a position to win. That is what a good coach does.

SBD.sixpack

Nov 1, 2007
can't add much to that. We had a great plan and played well. Memphis will be going home next week, as well.

BewareOfMSUDawg

Oct 8, 2006
I agree, cowstanza. The defensive gameplan was outstanding; just couldn't rebound enough.

Stans is growing up as a coach. I'll admit I was wrong about him.

Uncle Leo

Jun 30, 2006
We did just that against a team with superior talent and depth. We were one shot away at the end from taking them to OT.

Well done, Dogs.

00dog

Sure like how this team finished, except for the loss. We looked good.

Still good to be a Dog.</p>

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
Stans has seemingly turned the corner on his coaching skill set. Used to,I would holler for stans to sit down, shut up, and have a gatoraide and let the players, play.

Now his strategies change with the ebb and flow of the game, the opponents are well scouted.

His halftime changes during today's and friday's games were impressive.

Roy Munson.sixpack

Sep 7, 2005
and we dont foul, let them shoot it and they get ANOTHER offensive rebound while 30 something seconds run off down to 49 sec. I would have continued fouling. Those 30-40 sec hurt bad.

HighPointDawg

Feb 9, 2005
Honestly this game came down to :

1- our players not adjusting to just how badly memphis missed some FTs.. they were bricked almost back to the shooter and we didn't get in position. Keep them from getting 3-4 of those 2nd chances and maybe.. just maybe..

2- Critical foul calls made and missed down the stretch. I know they had 2 guys foul out but we were almost even in FT shooting so that means nothing... alot of critical 3 point players were calls that either need to be made on both sides or not at all...

3- Gordon missed too many FTs.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
Exactly what I was yelling at the TV. with about 3 minutes left I wanted to send in a body to foul every trip down. We should have gone straight at Dorsey as soon as he got in foul trouble too.

boomboommsu

Mar 14, 2008
sure, good gameplan. but once the game started, he got flat-out outcoached. after every stoppage, they schooled us. fouled with 3 min or so left, then stopped. wft? let stewart take key late shots despite him clearly being ice-cold today. but most importantly, didn't take advantage of memphis' foul trouble. they got 3 players with 4 fouls with 7 min to go, and we start jacking up jumpers. that's when we lost.</p>

no, stans didn't have a barry stewart calibre day, but he still got badly outcoached on the floor.</p>

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
....everytime we managed to get the ball down low, they were fouling us. So we came out after halftime determined to take the ball to the hole, and got all their big guys in foul trouble and afraid to touch us. Worked like a charm, and set the pace of the game for a solid eight or nine minutes.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
boomboommsu said:
sure, good gameplan. but once the game started, he got flat-out outcoached. after every stoppage, they schooled us. fouled with 3 min or so left, then stopped. wft? let stewart take key late shots despite him clearly being ice-cold today. but most importantly, didn't take advantage of memphis' foul trouble. they got 3 players with 4 fouls with 7 min to go, and we start jacking up jumpers. that's when we lost.</p>

no, stans didn't have a barry stewart calibre day, but he still got badly outcoached on the floor.</p>

Hey dumbass, did you not notice any adjustments at halftime or throughout the second half. Some of you people blow my mind with this garbage
</p>

B

Bulldoghair

hatfieldms said:

Hey dumbass, did you not notice any adjustments at halftime or throughout the second half. Some of you people blow my mind with this garbage
</p>

</p>please elaborate

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Two of those 3 guys fouled out.

Jamoney was driving the lane every time down, taking it right at them. When he had to back out, we usually tried to get it to Chuck on the reset. Did you stop watching the game or something?

MaverickAG

Feb 8, 2005
I don't understand what the hell people expect? Jamont drives the lane trying to draw a foul and puts it in - he's selfish. Jamont drives the lane trying to draw a foul and gets rejected - he was out of control. Seriously, we were going at the lane, we just weren't getting alot of calls and the ones we got, were distributed between three or four of their post players.</p>

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
Stansbury is no John Wooden, but he's not a Rod Barnes either. I'll be honest, I don't know enough about basketball to know exactly how good of a coach he is, but for the success he has had, I'm pretty sure that he's pretty good. He may not be innovative, but we are pretty solid year in and year out.</p>

Oct 14, 2007
Stans did a good job today. My only real complaints were playing so much man the 2nd half, stopping attacking the post with 5ish minutes left, and not fouling sooner. Other than that, he put us in position to win. A few more rebounds, a couple of calls our way, a few more made free throws, or a couple of more made shots and we win today. I still want to see March success, but today's game plan was a step in the right direction. If he can do this on a more consistent basis, the March success will come.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
South Panola Dawg said:
Stans did a good job today. My only real complaints were playing so much man the 2nd half, stopping attacking the post with 5ish minutes left, and not fouling sooner. Other than that, he put us in position to win.

Agreed we had their Bigs in trouble and let up, Why?
A few more hack a shaqs and we might have won, or lost by 7.
If J-money had passed, Randy or Hans might have tied the game.
If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle..

Great Season Dawgs

</p>

B

Bulldoghair

with the game winning shot on the line, how many times has jamont passed the ball?...it aint happening

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
The last person I would have wanted to shoot at the end was him. Gordon had hit multiple 3s and had 21 points including several baskets in the waning minutes to keep us in the game and give us a chance. I had no problem with him taking that shot. I would have had no problem with Hans shooting, but to be honest we only had a few seconds and had to get a shot up quickly.

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
Think Dorsey was out with like 27 seconds left. He should have been out with 5 minutes left.

B

Bulldoghair

Stormrider81 said:
The last person I would have wanted to shoot at the end was him. Gordon had hit multiple 3s and had 21 points including several baskets in the waning minutes to keep us in the game and give us a chance. I had no problem with him taking that shot. I would have had no problem with Hans shooting, but to be honest we only had a few seconds and had to get a shot up quickly.

why dribble the ball? why not another pass futher down the court?...bottom line is, ball hogs aint passing the ball in that situation</p>

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
[b said:
FlabLoser[/b]]Think Dorsey was out with like 27 seconds left. He should have been out with 5 minutes left.

</p> 24 seconds to be exact.

Should have had all 3 Big Men gone by 5 min. mark.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
You do realize he had like 8 assists Friday night even though he was struggling with his shot. Some people have made up their minds about Gordon already and won't admit he has matured and changed.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login