It's almost football time again, so what are some of the intangibles you are looking for in this 2024 team

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
A couple of things that will put a smile back on my face:

1) Play to win, not to lose
2) Play like you have read the playbook and understand your role, looking at you OT
3) Play hard nose football, make them hate playing at DWS
and finally:
4) Play for the love of the game, not the money
A coach that doesn't look lost. Arnett sometimes just looked miserable last year and it obviously bled into the team.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Born '63 following STATE since 69. Since The Kang, we're 2-0 hiring HC experience and 1-3 when not. I refused to believe last year's results totally erase the previous two despite turnover & Portal. I refuse to believe we don't have enough talent for a good coach to surprise us but he could also be a not so good HC (1st Yr Jitters) and lay a turd. I just can't help hoping he may be another Mullen.

Reactions: patdog

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Honestly I think we are going to be so bad it will be hard to spot any positives. I'll be looking for anything at all that makes us resemble an SEC football team.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Over-optimistic local media
Awful in-stadium audio
Piss poor cell service
Dwindling intensity
Wanning fan support
Adidas being Adidas
Coaching shuffle
Recruiting heartbreak
Rinse, repeat

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
We have a tough schedule, but I think Lebby will score points. The question remains, ‘can we stop anybody.’ A little defense will take us far.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
I just don't think Lebby will be nervous. He certainly will not look like a deer in headlights on the sidelines like last year's coach who I can't remember his name. He will not be stoic like Leach, probably more animated but less of a prick about it like Lame Kiphin.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

patdog

May 28, 2007

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Any actual reason why? Or just typical negativity?
We have almost no contributors returning on either side of the ball. A lot of what we do have was recruited to run a Leach offense. We have a first-time defensive coordinator and a first-time head coach. We have an extremely tough schedule. We are depending on an often injured transfer QB. Our best player may be a transfer center. Let that sink in.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
17 the intangibles I want to hit the over by the midway point and make some $

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Anything. We haven’t had intangibles in decades
It took me many decades to realize that we simply don’t have a good, or even average, football culture. I’ve also learned that it takes 20-25 years to change things like that and truly influence perception.

We’ve only been able to manage a ‘decent’ run a couple times and those were less than a decade (Jackie and Danny). I don’t know if the culture ate them up, or if the culture kept us from continuing those runs - maybe both - but our fanbase never internalized what it takes to win. We never had that light switch moment.

And once you let that built foundation erode away, we end up starting over repeatedly, and all the things that entails. Usually comes with a lot of infighting.

ETA: if there anything MSU knows, it’s infighting. THANK THE GOOD LORD we made that decision to be a founding member of the SEC.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I would settle for not looking like a fool because I wear a Mississippi State T-shirt. I am tired of the pointing and laughing.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
We will be bad. I watched the spring game. We have a loooong way to go on defense. We will be ok offensively I think not great but ok. Defense up front is historically bad I do believe….hope I get surprised. I’ll be in Austin so I’m still a sucker

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login