It's been a good run

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
but I somehow don't think we have it in us to win twice tomorrow.
I like our chances in the early game, but having to then turn around and beat Virginia twice is the killer. The Larry error is frustrating, but I just can’t help but feel like the game should’ve been somewhere around 7-2 at that point if not for some repeated BS from the home plate ump. He completely blew that game

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
We dont. And no, it has not been a “great run.” Making the NCAA Tournament is what we should expect us to achieve.
Most State fans said we have to make a Regional this season for Lemonis to keep his job. Well, he did that - the absolute bare minimum.
As much $$$$$$$$$$$ and other resources as we have put into baseball compared to the rest of the NCAA, we have underachieved greatly.
Last survey I saw had State at 18th in the country in baseball expenditures.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I’m still standing by my statement from several weeks ago and that was Lemonis had to either have us hosting OR, we go on the road and win a Regional as the 2 seed or he needs to be gone !
Just making postseason play is the bare minimum expectation for MS baseball and we will have only done that once in 3 years!
Most likely next year is once in 4 years with Lemonis as coach.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It's been a very, very average season. With a team filled with upperclassmen who will be graduating or drafted. So we start all over again from scratch next year.
Hard to say it’s been anything different from this.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Most State fans said we have to make a Regional this season for Lemonis to keep his job. Well, he did that - the absolute bare minimum.

You are leaving out the $75 Million social club.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We will score about two, maybe even four runs, leaving about 10 players in scoring position, while striking out at least nine times. Oh yeah, you can throw two or three errors in there.

Reactions: 85Bears

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I’m still standing by my statement from several weeks ago and that was Lemonis had to either have us hosting OR, we go on the road and win a Regional as the 2 seed or he needs to be gone !
Just making postseason play is the bare minimum expectation for MS baseball and we will have only done that once in 3 years!

Nobody gives a **** if you think he should be gone.

He'll be back. And should be.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Ball 4 to Mershon being called a strike might be the biggest swing of momentum that I’ve seen from a ball/strike call in several years. Should have been bases loaded one out with Jordan/Hines coming up and a struggling freshman on the mound.

that ump was dog ****.

And we're forgetting that if the same idiot had called an obvious strike 3 on UVA earlier in the game their first two runs wouldn't have scored.

We could have done more, but that ump was an absolute disaster. I really wish there was a way to see how many calls he missed.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
This time next year is when Lemonis will be fired. Unless he pulls in a very very productive portal haul, next years team will struggle just to make the SEC tournament. Maybe he will find 5-7 SEC quality position players in the Portal. That’s what it is going to take just to be competitive.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Well you also blamed Biden for a restaurant in MS lying to its customers, before Biden was even president. So, I’m not sure you’re really one to think through things.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
What a dumba$$!
But everything you post lets everyone know that.

Well said and well argued, as usual.

Go ahead and post another unreadable call for Lemonis to be gone if this and this happens, like you're the 17'n athletic director of your very own LEGO Mississippi State University.

Reactions: T-TownDawgg

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

And we’re ranked 17?

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
This time next year is when Lemonis will be fired. Unless he pulls in a very very productive portal haul, next years team will struggle just to make the SEC tournament. Maybe he will find 5-7 SEC quality position players in the Portal. That’s what it is going to take just to be competitive.

Hey, is next year's team gonna be bad? I need you to tell us 47 more times, because I'm not sure we heard it the first 247 times you posted it.

Ya know, if I wasn't so sure you were a huge MSU fan, I might think you actually wanted next year's team to be bad, so you could be right.

• Haha
Reactions: HuntDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login