IT'S COMING**

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
SPS branded slim fast
Tap That Mayim Bialik GIF by CallMeKatFOX

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
How dare you refer to my wife as it. However, she does get sac religious on me while doing it by calling me dear Jesus and old god. *********

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
You have to be excommunicated, correct?***
I know you are joking but actually, I have a temple recommend and I was married in the Atlanta GA temple. Mormons are human and like to joke like everyone else. A few people on this board knows who I am, and I am not fanatical, just ask them. I will tell a dirty joke or two. Yes, I wear the garment everyone jokes about. I don't believe they are magical like nonmember believe we believe. I do not wear them in the gym or in some other occasions. I did not go on a mission. The biggest myth is we have to go but we don't. Both my wife and my families have been Mormons for at least four Generations going back from us. We both are from Mississippi. Mormons were treated really bad in this state. In 1901 there were three chapels built in Mississippi. With in a year two were burned down. Many of the members were honey and feathered. They did not use tar. The chapel I grew up in survived and is still in use today up in the Farm Heaven area of Madison County on HWY 17. The only reason it was saved was because my Great Great Grand Dad who everyone knew and was a Confederate Veteren ask them not to burn the chapel when they came with the fire. When I was in high school, I got into a lot of fights, mostly with Baptist. They are the least welcoming group of people. Things have really changed over the past 20 years. Since Romney ran for President, there has been more understanding and welcoming. I get asked a lot of questions. No one tries to debate me anymore. Most generally have good question trying to understand what we believe. So, there you go.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I know you are joking but actually, I have a temple recommend and I was married in the Atlanta GA temple. Mormons are human and like to joke like everyone else. A few people on this board knows who I am, and I am not fanatical, just ask them. I will tell a dirty joke or two. Yes, I wear the garment everyone jokes about. I don't believe they are magical like nonmember believe we believe. I do not wear them in the gym or in some other occasions. I did not go on a mission. The biggest myth is we have to go but we don't. Both my wife and my families have been Mormons for at least four Generations going back from us. We both are from Mississippi. Mormons were treated really bad in this state. In 1901 there were three chapels built in Mississippi. With in a year two were burned down. Many of the members were honey and feathered. They did not use tar. The chapel I grew up in survived and is still in use today up in the Farm Heaven area of Madison County on HWY 17. The only reason it was saved was because my Great Great Grand Dad who everyone knew and was a Confederate Veteren ask them not to burn the chapel when they came with the fire. When I was in high school, I got into a lot of fights, mostly with Baptist. They are the least welcoming group of people. Things have really changed over the past 20 years. Since Romney ran for President, there has been more understanding and welcoming. I get asked a lot of questions. No one tries to debate me anymore. Most generally have good question trying to understand what we believe. So, there you go.
I play online FPS games with a Mormon who curses like a sailor sometimes. Have a number of friends who are Mormon and some who are pretty well known in the area church as leaders. I was only joking around, not being judgemental in any way.

Last edited:

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I didn't know about any of that, but I did really like that show Big Love.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I didn't know about any of that, but I did really like that show Big Love.
There is some truth about that show Big Love, but those people claim to be Mormons but have either been or ancestors been excommunicated from the church. Polygamy stopped when Utah joined the Union. Law of the land is law of the church. Those who were already married were grand fathered in. They were able to keep wives.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Many of the members were honey and feathered. They did not use tar.

I have never heard of being honeyed and feathered. Was that like, "we want to be an *** hole, but not quite pine tar *** hole?" or was it like "we want to be an *** hole, but pine tar is more expensive than honey and our cheapness gets the nod over the *** holeness this round"

Reactions: dorndawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I have never heard of being honeyed and feathered. Was that like, "we want to be an *** hole, but not quite pine tar *** hole?" or was it like "we want to be an *** hole, but pine tar is more expensive than honey and our cheapness gets the nod over the *** holeness this round"
I don't know why honey. I just read personal journals of Members who lived back then. I figured honey because it would wash off and not burn them. It was more symbolic and humiliated than anything else.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login