ITS OFFICIAL

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
We are gonna have to wait until tomorrow to announce our new OC. We got a DC today, a WR coach today and lost two QBs. Plus an associate AD. That's a full day's worth of news. Im thinking about 11 am tomorrow We hear the next huge announcement and send a plane to pick up our new OC and his posse for this weekends transfer visits.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Guessing the delay is Arkansas negotiations.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The other part of the rumor is he wants his new OC and staff here Friday evening to host our transfer portal visitors. We have 2 weekends to get new players. Like tight ends and QBs

Reactions: onewoof

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
We are gonna have to wait until tomorrow to announce our new OC. We got a DC today, a WR coach today and lost two QBs. Plus an associate AD. That's a full day's worth of news. Im thinking about 11 am tomorrow We hear the next huge announcement and send a plane to pick up our new OC and his posse for this weekends transfer visits.
I like Bump but why did we hire a WR coach instead of letting the new OC hire his own guy. This whole thing is a little confusing honestly.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Coordinators rarely hire their own people head coaches hire their own people. Coordinator might get a little input but all our head coaches hired all the positions

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
If you are trying to pull "your" guy from another SEC West school, you give him a lot of input. Pretty sure if we get Briles he will have complete control of the offense. One of the rumored reasons he might leave Arky is interference from his head coach pushing too much run game for his liking. Earlier it was mentioned that they were holding off on Bump due to getting things ironed out with Briles. True or not ? Idk. I figured a few hours after Bump was announced we would get the Briles announcement. I still feel like we will know before lunch tomorrow

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login