It's Wednesday of opening week, and we need a Grilling, Smoking, and Drinking thread for Labor Day

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
No new equipment for me this year since I've got my mind on other projects, but I'm starting to get the itch for a good, storm-filled Labor Day menu. Hopefully the forecast eases up on us in central Arkansas over the next couple days

First thing's first... I picked up a bottle of Smoke Wagon straight bourbon last weekend, and I've been sippin on some Uncle Nearest rye too, but I've got to find something special for the weekend. I'll see what they have at the store just across the county line since my town with 25 different alcohol pouring restaurants is TECHNICALLY dry, but if all else fails, one of my go to favorites, Knob Creek single barrel 120, will be there to answer the call along with a case of Sam Adams Oktoberfest

As far as food goes, I'm thinking some smoked wings, salsa, rotel, and maybe some local jalapeno & chs summer sausage. Then, smash burgers on Saturday and some chicken quarters on Sunday.

What's everyone else planning?

Reactions: dorndawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I think I’m going to do multiple MS Pot Roasts so I can eat leftovers Sunday and Monday. Probably some rotel as well. The key is Sage Jimmy Dean sausage. It gives it a little more flavor.

Reactions: Seinfeld

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
No new equipment for me this year since I've got my mind on other projects, but I'm starting to get the itch for a good, storm-filled Labor Day menu. Hopefully the forecast eases up on us in central Arkansas over the next couple days

First thing's first... I picked up a bottle of Smoke Wagon straight bourbon last weekend, and I've been sippin on some Uncle Nearest rye too, but I've got to find something special for the weekend. I'll see what they have at the store just across the county line since my town with 25 different alcohol pouring restaurants is TECHNICALLY dry, but if all else fails, one of my go to favorites, Knob Creek single barrel 120, will be there to answer the call along with a case of Sam Adams Oktoberfest

As far as food goes, I'm thinking some smoked wings, salsa, rotel, and maybe some local jalapeno & chs summer sausage. Then, smash burgers on Saturday and some chicken quarters on Sunday.

What's everyone else planning?
I’m supposed to be dove hunting at my buddy’s house south of Hattiesburg, but he’s been sick since Sunday. We might just push our annual dove hunt/bullshittery-fest back a couple weeks. If it rains I’ll make a pot of chicken and sausage gumbo. If it doesn’t rain, I’ll smoke a few racks of ribs.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
I'm smoking a pork shoulder all day Saturday leading up to the game and the wife is making rotel. Thinking about opening up a bottle of Jamaican gold rum that I got on a cruise earlier this summer

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Because of the rain forecast, I’m looking at griddle options. I most likely will have smash burgers, fries, and smashed cinnamon rolls on Saturday. On Sunday, I might make jambalaya fried rice with a side of deep fried boudin balls. For Monday, the weather should be better. I’ve got ribs for the stick burner.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Looking like wings and sausage Saturday, thinking baby backs for Sun or Mon

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We're having Mole Crickets on the half shell, pre-soaked in Dale's with Side of Army Worms, and a sprinkling of Four Roses.

Reactions: mcdawg22

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Shrimp and crab boil Saturday. Wings and pizza Monday.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I'm smoking a pork shoulder all day Saturday leading up to the game and the wife is making rotel. Thinking about opening up a bottle of Jamaican gold rum that I got on a cruise earlier this summer
Best Friends Bff GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha
Reactions: WrightGuy821

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Redfish and trout fishing Friday and Saturday. Dove hunting Sunday and Monday. Hope to eat surf and sky all weekend if all goes well. Can’t wait.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
Probably put on a pork but Friday night. Then Sunday put a steak and some shrimp on the grill.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login