It's who we are

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
We might beat KY at home. We might have lost to Arky had KJ played. We don't have a lot of studs on this team, not even stud receivers. D-line is pretty average. We have a system and enough talent to beat the mid-tier SEC teams, but not consistently. 7-5 is a good year. 8-4, still possible but unlikely, is a great year. We're losing next week, as expected, hopefully without any significant injuries. Our db's, outside of you-know-who, have trouble with any SEC receivers. If we don't run and eat up clock on offense, defense looks mediocre. Mullen managed to get some top talent here at times. Leach and his guys need to do that too. He can get some good ones but we need better, game changers. Rogers is that guy at times but defenses can shut him down. And he doesn't have a go to guy except maybe his roommate, a guy with decent hands and average speed.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Still have us at 8-4 with one of the toughest schedules in the nation.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
We might beat KY at home. We might have lost to Arky had KJ played. We don't have a lot of studs on this team, not even stud receivers. D-line is pretty average. We have a system and enough talent to beat the mid-tier SEC teams, but not consistently. 7-5 is a good year. 8-4, still possible but unlikely, is a great year. We're losing next week, as expected, hopefully without any significant injuries. Our db's, outside of you-know-who, have trouble with any SEC receivers. If we don't run and eat up clock on offense, defense looks mediocre. Mullen managed to get some top talent here at times. Leach and his guys need to do that too. He can get some good ones but we need better, game changers. Rogers is that guy at times but defenses can shut him down. And he doesn't have a go to guy except maybe his roommate, a guy with decent hands and average speed.
Spot on.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Still have us at 8-4 with one of the toughest schedules in the nation.
"One of the toughest schedules in the nation" was a media talking point in the preseason. 5 of our opponents are at .500 or below. 2 are only 1 game above .500. 2 more are LSU and KY which are mediocre. Toughest schedule, not even close. I predicted 6-6 and don't tell bad about it at this point

Reactions: The Usual Suspect

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
you have us beating who? besides Aub and ETS lol
You act like the favorite or home team always wins the Egg Bowl. You never know what's going to happen in that game. It's a rivalry game so quitting on that game right now is pretty weak.

You act like 3 more wins is impossible. You probably thought we'd have a losing record after the LSU game.

I'm disappointed at how we played last night but I'm not shocked or surprised just like 8-4 won't shock or surprise me.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
"One of the toughest schedules in the nation" was a media talking point in the preseason. 5 of our opponents are at .500 or below. 2 are only 1 game above .500. 2 more are LSU and KY which are mediocre. Toughest schedule, not even close. I predicted 6-6 and don't tell bad about it at this point
Remind we what conference we play in again.....asking for a friend

I see no mention of 3 games left against Top 10 teams. I bet there are a bunch of teams outside our league with a tougher road huh? Take that crap somewhere else.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I'd like everyone who said we'd have gone 3-0 in the ARK/TAMU/UK stretch to please step up and prove it by showing where you predicted that on this board on posts dated before that stretch of games. I'm guessing its handful posters who were hopeful -- not confident.

5-2 at this point in the season is better than many would have expected, myself included.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
You act like the favorite or home team always wins the Egg Bowl. You never know what's going to happen in that game. It's a rivalry game so quitting on that game right now is pretty weak.
I know exactly what's gonna happen in the EB. Even if it was in Starkville, OM is gonna come out fired up and ready to play. We might show a little fire in the beginning. But OM will soon start tearing our *** apart making huge plays here and there, both running straight up the gut or landing the deep ball. We'll have them at 3rd and 25 and they'll convert with a 40 yard bomb or 4th and 3 and they'll easily convert with a QB draw where he'll go untouched for the distance. We'll sit there and take it while making dumb penalties and Leach looks on in bewilderment.

Wait and see.

Last edited:

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
I know exactly what's gonna happen in the EB. Even if it was in Starkville, OM is gonna come out fired up and ready to play. We might show a little fire in the beginning. But OM will soon start tearing our *** apart making huge plays here and there, both running straight up the gut or landing the deep ball. We'll sit there and take it while making dumb penalties and Leach looks on in bewilderment.

Wait and see.
We actually were the better team at the end of last year. We were favored. We blew it in the Egg bowl. This year, we aren’t better and we are on the road. Will be a two or three TD loss.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I'd like everyone who said we'd have gone 3-0 in the ARK/TAMU/UK stretch to please step up and prove it by showing where you predicted that on this board on posts dated before that stretch of games. I'm guessing its handful posters who were hopeful -- not confident.

5-2 at this point in the season is better than many would have expected, myself included.
5-2 is a pretty solid position assuming we don’t have a string of losses coming up. I think it’s fair to criticize Leach’s approach to the Kentucky game though and we should question what they were doing. Seven run attempts is baffling to me considering they had early success. Losing DJ is going to hurt but they have to keep trying with Woody and Price. It is fair to expect the offense to consistently look better than they did at Kentucky.

Reactions: Mr. Cook

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I know exactly what's gonna happen in the EB. Even if it was in Starkville, OM is gonna come out fired up and ready to play. We might show a little fire in the beginning. But OM will soon start tearing our *** apart making huge plays here and there, both running straight up the gut or landing the deep ball. We'll have them at 3rd and 25 and they'll convert with a 40 yard bomb or 4th and 3 and they'll easily convert with a QB draw where he'll go untouched for the distance. We'll sit there and take it while making dumb penalties and Leach looks on in bewilderment.

Wait and see.
Sounds like you have an opportunity to make a lot of money with your uncanny ability to predict exactly what's going to happen.

Should I buy a lottery ticket today or is your ability to predict the future limited to the Egg Bowl?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login