I've got Kansas beating Duke 82-76

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
there are going to be quite a few upsets. There was just not that many dominant teams out there - all the top 10 have serious flaws here or there that could cost them depending on who they get matched up with. All the #1 seeds have potential "danger games" (to steal a line from Calipari) in the 2nd round and beyond.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
....I would advise you to make some changes to your bracket. Duke has NO post play, NONE, ZERO ZILCH NADA.

If they make it to the Elite Eight, and I have my doubts about that, Kevin Love will have 25 and 15 against them. Granted, they beat Carolina and Hansbrough when had about 35 and 20, but Paulus was shooting out of his mind and Lawson didn't play.

But hey, it's your bracket, and I would love to watch Duke against anyone on Monday night.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
about this year's tourney, like I said before, is even the elite teams have exploitable flaws. It will all come down to who draws who.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
my no analysis final four (going to put together my official later)
Louisville, Kansas, UConn, Texas

just remember: all number 1 seeds have yet to make it to the final four since the expansion

dogfan96

Jun 3, 2007
DawgatAuburn said:
....I would advise you to make some changes to your bracket. Duke has NO post play, NONE, ZERO ZILCH NADA.

If they make it to the Elite Eight, and I have my doubts about that, Kevin Love will have 25 and 15 against them. Granted, they beat Carolina and Hansbrough when had about 35 and 20, but Paulus was shooting out of his mind and Lawson didn't play.

But hey, it's your bracket, and I would love to watch Duke against anyone on Monday night.

Agree.. Duke depends too much on 3-point shooting for me to take them seriously</p>

jlat13

Nov 1, 2007
and having watched their games... I have them bowing out in the second round to West Virginia. Hey, gotta take some sort of upset and I just think Duke is by far the weakest high seed. I have UNC, Kansas, Texas, and UCLA. I know its mostly #1's and I ususally don't do that but UCLA has a cake walk, I just think UNC is better than TN or Louisville, Kansas is my pick to win it all, and I had to take one #1 out and it ws Memphis cuz they won't make the Sweet 16 thanks to the Dogs (thats wishful thinking)

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
isn't a good indicator of how good their team is. Don't get me wrong, Duke isn't chopped liver, but it would definantly say they are a weak 2 seed that could go down fairly early.</p>

patdog

May 28, 2007
Stormrider81 said:
isn't a good indicator of how good their team is. Don't get me wrong, Duke isn't chopped liver, but it would definantly say they are a weak 2 seed that could go down fairly early.</p>

I agree. Their only decent non-conference games were Marquette and Wisconsin and they played all of their non-conference games at home, except for 4 at neutral sites. Duke should be a #3 seed.</p>

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Well, they did beat Davidson and Temple, two NCAA teams, and they lost in OT to Pitt, but that loss was to a better Pitt team. They had some injuries shortly thereafter that really hurt them for a while. They obviously have recovered now.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login