ive never heard anything like that...

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
....I'd have bet the farm on M-State.

We had our chances from the stripe and pissed about half of them away. It sounds like we didn't even try to guard from the perimeter, and that just killed our SEC title hopes and a chance at anything better than a 6 seed.

lawdawg02

Jan 23, 2007
the guy is unbelievably lighting it up. granted, i didn't see it, but it sounded like gordon drove, and foster's man probably came off him, leaving him room to catch and shoot the GW 3. GIVE THEM THE 2 DAMN POINTS. at least we'd still be playing. who was guarding him (or not)?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
but making free throws is one thing....and fouling when up 3 is another.

Im not upset with rick or the team, but there were simple things that we could've done to overcome that.

Im just glad they place conference teams as far apart as possible in the dance. There is no one in the country playing as good as foster.

I really think the three best players in the conf were out there tonight.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
it just seems like at some point you say to yourself that they are going to get all their points inside the arch, especially when ogilvy fouled out.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Foster was 10 of 13 or something ridiculous from 3. There's not a lot you can do when a guy goes off like that. We contained Ogilvy and Neltner was scoreless. Dude just wouldn't freaking miss.

If I told you at the beginning of the night that a guy would score 42 on us, we would shoot about 20% from 3 point land, Varnado would foul out, Gordon would cramp up and miss the last minute of the game, and we were on the road at Vandy shooting 50% FT's, what would you think the score would be? Probably a 30 point loss. But we almost won the freaking game.

And we're still 11-4 in the conference. So everyone chill out for God's sake. It was a great effort, just came up short. There's a reason they are 19-0 at home this year.

WPDawg

Mar 3, 2008
No Doubt. It will be interesting to see the highlights but you would think we would have had the quickest defender available and Rick would have told him to ignore everyone else and stay in Fosters face.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login