Izzo on State (Mississippi)...

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
"Matthews is a 6’7 kind of a point forward, he handles the ball, he passes the ball, doesn’t shoot it very well.”

Meanwhile Cam shot 100% against UTenn.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
"Matthews is a 6’7 kind of a point forward, he handles the ball, he passes the ball, doesn’t shoot it very well.”

You must be wrong. Listen to the media guys as they swoon over Tom Izzo this week. I would almost put money on the fact that they will talk about how this game will be a springboard to next year's season's NCAA Final Four or how he has forgotten more great basketball than we will ever know.

I think he's a good coach, but he's nowhere near as superior as they act like he is.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012

I’m pretty sure all of cam’s shots against tenn were layups or dunks. I thought it was common knowledge Cam is a terrible shooter. He’s 2-20 on 3-pointers this season and a 50% free throw shooter

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
You must be wrong. Listen to the media guys as they swoon over Tom Izzo this week. I would almost put money on the fact that they will talk about how this game will be a springboard to next year's season's NCAA Final Four or how he has forgotten more great basketball than we will ever know.

I think he's a good coach, but he's nowhere near as superior as they act like he is.

You don’t make 26 tournaments in a row without being an ELITE coach. Not to mention 8 Final Four’s and 10 conference championships. And he’s one of the best in CBB history at pulling a surprise run out of nowhere.

Izzo is a giant in March. Will be a great accomplishment if we can beat him.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Lunardi says Michigan State will eliminate (saw earlier today) North Carolina.
So, you know what that means.
I think they could be in for a total surprise, depends on how our guys react.
I think they are relying on Izzo's rep, too much.

BulldogLegacy

Feb 27, 2008

Top 5 coach all time.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
I’m pretty sure all of cam’s shots against tenn were layups or dunks. I thought it was common knowledge Cam is a terrible shooter. He’s 2-20 on 3-pointers this season and a 50% free throw shooter
I don't know about the first one, but that second one was a big shot.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Our success and wins are mostly determined by how the refs call the game. If it's tightly called, we better hope Hubbard is on fire.
this goes for all games really, if they let us play on with contact in the paint, we have a decided advantage

problem is, that Izzo has clout, and he can work the refs and possibly get them to give in to all our guys "roughing up" his little fellas

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Yall havent watched michigan state play if you think they dont mind a rough it up game. They've got 4 big bodied post players that are 6-9 to 6-11. They've also got size on the wing with two guys that are 6-4. They go 8-9 deep. They wont mind the ref's letting swallowing their whistles.

Reactions: She Mate Me

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
And you never see Izzo complaining about a call in the last 30 secs of a tourney game.....its always the other bench. The best hose job ever was the UT game back in 2009-10. Reaching the F4 is much easier when you have help.

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
You don’t make 26 tournaments in a row without being an ELITE coach. Not to mention 8 Final Four’s and 10 conference championships. And he’s one of the best in CBB history at pulling a surprise run out of nowhere.

Ted Valentine approves this post.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Yall havent watched michigan state play if you think they dont mind a rough it up game. They've got 4 big bodied post players that are 6-9 to 6-11. They've also got size on the wing with two guys that are 6-4. They go 8-9 deep. They wont mind the ref's letting swallowing their whistles.

I was going to comment that they see D in practice every day as good as ours.

We play solid D most days, but it's been their brand for decades under Izzo.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

We would have gotten rid of him years ago for not winning the big games. We don't accept mediocrity on this board. Either won it all or pound sand! ****

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
My number one rule for filling out a bracket is "don't pick against Mich St in the first round" and that's because of Izzo. I did a lot of swearing when I saw they were our opponent.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
My number one rule for filling out a bracket is "don't pick against Mich St in the first round" and that's because of Izzo. I did a lot of swearing when I saw they were our opponent.
26 years....in a row. He's been booted 5 times in the first round. Odds were not good for us, regardless.

Reactions: onewoof
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login