Ja Morant.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
ZBo, Conley, Marc, and Tony will always have a special place in my heart, but Ja is the first legit superstar that this franchise has ever had. This is going to be one wild and incredibly entertaining series

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I cannot wait to see what this guy does for the Grizzlies over the next 4-5 years

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
On a much less positive note, my opinion towards Dillon is really starting to sour. He’s a dog that you like having on your team most of the time, but A) his wild, high volume shooting has been killing us and B) what the hell was that hack on Payton last night?

Again, love the intensity he brings every night, but you have to weight the good and the bad with every player, and I’m getting real close to being ready to move on.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Went 5-12 from 3 last night and couldn't be stopped in the 4th.

If he can develop that jumper he may be unstoppable.

He took over that game. Ice water in the veins.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
what the hell was that hack on Payton last night?
Yeah, that swing at Payton's head was wild and out of control. Not good when someone is knocked off balance that hard...elbows then break.

Aug 22, 2012
Gonna be at game 5 next week. Praying we steal one in SF.

I’m hoping the Grizz can make a run, but two things concern me:

1. Teams that rely on transition baskets typically don’t fare well in the playoffs where things slow down and become much more half-court oriented.

2. Teams that have an extreme imbalance in usage rate don’t have a great history in playoffs either. Both Memphis & Dallas need to find that complimentary piece so we can have a few Luka vs. Ja Western Conference showdowns.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Why was the double team on Ja in game 1 but in game 2 it was not?

Also, he has a nontraditional but highly effective game when driving to the hoop. Moves at a different speed than everyone else. Really something to see.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I'm hoping getting Adams back helps with 1.

I’m hoping the Grizz can make a run, but two things concern me:

1. Teams that rely on transition baskets typically don’t fare well in the playoffs where things slow down and become much more half-court oriented.

2. Teams that have an extreme imbalance in usage rate don’t have a great history in playoffs either. Both Memphis & Dallas need to find that complimentary piece so we can have a few Luka vs. Ja Western Conference showdowns.

He will provide some much needed rebounding help and to provide an option of a "slow" half court with Ja. His top of the key pick game really helps with the slower half court offense. First series and first 2 games against GS just seem too herky jerky and feast/famine without his presence. Adams will help bring some stability when he's back. Question is will he be a defensive liability with a full-strength GS roster??

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Probably had something to do with GP Jr. being out. That was a cheap shot btw. Cheering for Grizz but that was ugly.

I think the F2 was warranted. But I don't see where he was swinging at the guy's head. He was trying to foul him hard to prevent the layup/dunk, which has been happening in every playoff game in NBA history since the 60s.

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
On a much less positive note, my opinion towards Dillon is really starting to sour. He’s a dog that you like having on your team most of the time, but A) his wild, high volume shooting has been killing us and B) what the hell was that hack on Payton last night?

Again, love the intensity he brings every night, but you have to weight the good and the bad with every player, and I’m getting real close to being ready to move on.

Great on defense but IQ on offense is zero. If he happens to make his first shot he will jack up 10 more before he realizes that’s not his game. Dillion is ball stopper on both ends.

I’m fine with package him with our extra picks to add another stud to the team if possible.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Agreed. It wasn’t a dirty play as Kerr made clear what he thought. It was absolutely a flagrant 2 and he should have been tossed but he was fouling hard and wiffed on the ball. It’s very unfortunate that Payton got hurt on the play.

Brooks isn’t a dirty player, he just plays hard and goes 100 percent all the time. It is kind of ironic that Golden State fans and media are griping about Dillon when they have Draymond Green doing the same ****.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
Great on defense but IQ on offense is zero. If he happens to make his first shot he will jack up 10 more before he realizes that’s not his game. Dillion is ball stopper on both ends.

I’m fine with package him with our extra picks to add another stud to the team if possible.

Surprised he didn't play at state

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
He just jacks up too many threes. He’s got a nice midrange and he’s pretty creative around the basket.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
That depend on who GS plays at the 5. There are some matchups where Adams can absolutely smash them.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login