Jack Cristil statue

MittRomney

Nov 6, 2012
Polk statue thread got me thinking. Does Jack have a statue on campus? Always thought it’d be cool to have one of him sitting at a table like he’s broadcasting, with an empty seat beside him for pics.

Somebody make it happen

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Polk statue thread got me thinking. Does Jack have a statue on campus? Always thought it’d be cool to have one of him sitting at a table like he’s broadcasting, with an empty seat beside him for pics.

Somebody make it happen
I think we should have him leaning on the rail of the smoking balcony at the Hump

Last edited:

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
It would be really cool to have some statues for other sports. We have 3 statues for baseball players, a sport that barely turns a profit. We know baseball isn't going to go without. That's for damn sure.

Reactions: vandaldawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Too bad PC / Cancel Culture has robbed us from our history. In Great Britain they even removed Churchill's cigar from his statue at the wax museum. Polk's should have a cigar in tow and Jack should have his with a cig & glass of whiskey. I forget though, what did Jack drink? I've always wondered if the following were true: Jack's taking a cig break and someone comes up telling Jack "those things will kill you" and Jack says "My dad lived until he was 90" and the guy said "and he smoked?" Jack says "no, but he knew to mind his own damn business"... The other one was a younger person asking about Jack's alcohol consumption and Jack says "Son, I've spilled more alcohol than you'll ever drink"...

Reactions: Fritz!

TheDawgSaint

Jan 18, 2021
It would be really cool to have some statues for other sports. We have 3 statues for baseball players, a sport that barely turns a profit. We know baseball isn't going to go without. That's for damn sure.
Well, we have gone without a national title in any other sport…”That’s for damn sure!”

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
My favorite Jack memory is as a kid running up to him postgame on his way out of the hump to say hello. We are inside the concourse not outside. He stops, super nice and friendly, takes a photo with me a my friend then just lights up right in the damn concourse. And puffed his way down the concourse and out the building. There will never be another Jack.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Was standing outside the Hump one day when Jack came out and to shockingly smoke a cigarette. This was towards the end of his time at state. It was just me and him. I just sat there in silence and soaked it in. He finished his cigarette and went back inside. Every time i hear his voice in highlights I think about that day. I miss that man’s voice.

Reactions: Fritz!
Sep 15, 2009
Was standing outside the Hump one day when Jack came out and to shockingly smoke a cigarette. This was towards the end of his time at state. It was just me and him. I just sat there in silence and soaked it in. He finished his cigarette and went back inside. Every time i hear his voice in highlights I think about that day. I miss that man’s voice.
My memory of him was when I was a sports marketing intern and some camera equipment was moved, blocking his path to where he sat at basketball games. I never heard so many curse words in such a short amount of time. He was livid.

Reactions: vandaldawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I envision a statue created from a Buick Century, you know that great one that the athletic dept gave him that year for all of his service. I want to see Jack sitting in the front seat of that Buick w/ a Sonic cup in one hand and a cigarette in the other and him passing a road sign w/ an arrow pointing to Tupelo and showing the mileage there. It would signify his "Sonic Drive of the Game" which was his drive home to Tupelo that day, by far my favorite line ever from Jack.

Goulla

Oct 18, 2022
Back when Jack and Jackie did the call in show on Thursday night at Abner's, we regularly attended and very few did so we'd sit at the closest table across the aisle. What I remember most is how out the door he'd go during the commercial breaks for a smoke and how freaking huge Sherrill's hands were.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Any statue just wouldn't be right without that cigarette in his hand and a mic in front of him at the table.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login