Jack Walker gave us 3 solid innings Saturday

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
His performance really kept guys fresh for Sunday’s win. It is good to see him do well.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Yes he did. Glad to see Lemonis sticking with these guys, and now look at Fristoe.

Tullar is another guy we need to keep trotting out there. Too much talent to just let him be a bust.

But I will acknowledge it happens sometimes. Woodruff, Evan Mitchell, Cerantola, etc.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Our memories are not good when remembering how in the past we had really good pitchers look like crap until they find their spot and developed. Isn't that part of the reason we're signing some of the guys we do because they might be able to develop into something really good?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Walker is going to be fine. Disagree on Tullar. He's got nothing.
Something has to be wrong with him. Dude is walking folks and getting shelled. I know he has talent but he's definitely hard to defend right now. Have to just hope something clicks, and truth be known it's not like we have other options, so we have to use him.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Our memories are not good when remembering how in the past we had really good pitchers look like crap until they find their spot and developed. Isn't that part of the reason we're signing some of the guys we do because they might be able to develop into something really good?

Develop? Sure. But some it's just not happening. Second year Juco guys should be performing. If not, they're a bust IMO. Tullar is best when used in a very short, specific role like last year. He's not going to carry innings for you.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Problem is, the college game isn't very conducive to 'development', at least not in-season, in baseball, and especially with pitching. You have to win. So unless you have no other choice, you're going to run your best out there.

That's why summer ball is so important for those guys. Just isn't the case in college football and basketball, you can develop at practice. The 'reps' are different.

I still say if you're a big time 'tools' player and you get drafted out of high school, you need to sign. Development is better in the minors. If you do go to college, you better be sure you can get PT.

Last edited:

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
Yes he did. Glad to see Lemonis sticking with these guys, and now look at Fristoe.

Tullar is another guy we need to keep trotting out there. Too much talent to just let him be a bust.

But I will acknowledge it happens sometimes. Woodruff, Evan Mitchell, Cerantola, etc.

Tullar has singlehandedly lost multiple games.

But it isn't even all his fault. Lem & Fox keep putting him out there, or keeping him out there past the LH matchup deal to face RH batters, and he walks the park or gets shelled.

Choctaw Dawg

May 21, 2017
Tullar's total stats since coming to state

2021: 6.63 ERA, 25K, 11BB, 19.2 IP, 23 hits, 15 Earned Runs
2022: 12.71 ERA, 16K, 12BB, 12.1 IP, 20 hits, 17 Earned Runs

Total: 9.67 ERA, 41K, 23BB, 32 IP, 43 hits, 32 Earned Runs

When he is not walking people, he is getting hit. The coaching staff really wants a Liebelt type improvement from him but so far there has not been any sign that that is coming. This year he is averaging a walk per inning and more than a hit per inning and if you take out the one good game he had against Texas Tech his stats would be much worse. I really hate to run the guy down because his confidence is prolly already shot, but what more has to be seen?

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Anyone else surprised we didn't see Kohn yesterday? Auger threw well and bridged the gap to Fristoe (great to see him rise up as well) but I was surprised we didn't mix in the lefty Kohn.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Is a left handed matchup that big of an advantage when you’re ERA is higher than your innings pitched? I’d rather have a right on left matchup than him in a close game

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
It really makes you curious how bad Walling is if Tullar keeps getting innings and Walling isn’t even traveling

Aug 28, 2018
I'd already forgotten Walling even existed on the team.... and I just posted about him in the past couple of weeks

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Glad you posted this. It was really good to see him settle in finally. He has really struggled before Saturday.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login