Jackson get ready... Winston County has gotten 12-17 inches of rain today

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
Jack Nicholson Lol GIF

This town needs an enema

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
That sounds a bit high. 17" would break the state record for rainfall in 24 hours.

Looking at the Weather Undergound Wundermap local rain gauges. One shows 12.91" near the Evergreen Community and another shows 17.44" on the East side of Louisville. How accurate those gauges are I do not know.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Hey, Monticello! Hey, Columbia! Here comes the jacktown $h!+
That's referred to as "BooBoo" in Jacktown, at least by Kenneth Stokes. For instance his most famous line is, "they house smell like BooBoo, raw BooBoo"

Fast Forward to the 2:30 mark of the video. The whole thing is entertaining but the BooBoo comment is 2:30

Last edited:

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I don't know if they can lower the Rez quick enough to deal with this without flooding something down stream. That's a lot of water and it ain't far from here.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
That's referred to as "BooBoo" in Jacktown, at least by Kenneth Stokes. For instance his most famous line is, "they house smell like BooBoo, raw BooBoo"

Fast Forward to the 2:30 mark of the video. The whole thing is entertaining but the BooBoo comment is 2:30

I remember watching this press conference a year or so ago when he held it. Best part is the UPS truck driving through the middle of it, hitting a pot hole as it passes by. Kenny Stokes press conferences are appointment tv. They have yet to disappoint.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

“How petty can you be…”

What an “incompentent” ***. He’s the poster child of Jackson’s problems. And he gets re-elected like clockwork.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I don't know if they can lower the Rez quick enough to deal with this without flooding something down stream. That's a lot of water and it ain't far from here.
And that’s the same reason Jackson hasn’t been able to build any of the lake projects downtown. Downstream bitching about not getting enough water, or getting too much. And the hardest core bitching coming from Lowsyana, who wouldn’t hesitate to **** us if the shoe was on the other foot.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

Da mare have got to stop smokin' dat dope.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Looking at the Weather Undergound Wundermap local rain gauges. One shows 12.91" near the Evergreen Community and another shows 17.44" on the East side of Louisville. How accurate those gauges are I do not know.

Hmmm, I see the 12.91. Be interesting to see if that gets verified. You'd think it would take a hurricane or tropical storm to produce that kinda rain in a pretty short time.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
“Boo-boo” equals feces. I have lived among black people all my life, and they all use the term “boo-boo” to refer to human feces….

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Hmmm, I see the 12.91. Be interesting to see if that gets verified. You'd think it would take a hurricane or tropical storm to produce that kinda rain in a pretty short time.
In 2007 I lived on the San Gabriel river in Georgetown TX. I went to bed at 11 pm and the "river" was 15' wide and 2' deep. At 5 am I woke up to what sounded like a stampede of buffalo running through my 3rd floor condo.

The San Gabriel was now 30' deep and 100 yards or more wide. The first floor garages were completely under water. 10 miles up river in Marble Falls TX a "rain bomb" formed and dropped 19" of rain in 6 hours. Thunderstorms just formed right over Marble Falls like Usain Bolt running a 6 hour sprint on a treadmill.

Amazingly, the 24 hour record in TX was 42" in Alvin TX from a tropical storm in 79'. 3.5 feet of rain in a day. Stupid

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
In 2007 I lived on the San Gabriel river in Georgetown TX. I went to bed at 11 pm and the "river" was 15' wide and 2' deep. At 5 am I woke up to what sounded like a stampede of buffalo running through my 3rd floor condo.

The San Gabriel was now 30' deep and 100 yards or more wide. The first floor garages were completely under water. 10 miles up river in Marble Falls TX a "rain bomb" formed and dropped 19" of rain in 6 hours. Thunderstorms just formed right over Marble Falls like Usain Bolt running a 6 hour sprint on a treadmill.

Amazingly, the 24 hour record in TX was 42" in Alvin TX from a tropical storm in 79'. 3.5 feet of rain in a day. Stupid

Damn...

It does look like they had something similar in and around Louisville yesterday. It's just pretty amazing because I was less than 40 miles away and got thunder and a few sprinkles.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023

Nederland and Groves Texas got 60.5" during Harvey.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
it does seem like most of the rain fell into the noxubee/tombigbee river basin and not as much in the pearl.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Nederland and Groves Texas got 60.5" during Harvey.

See, that makes sense to me. That Hurricane just sat over the Houston area and dumped for a long time.

I'd love Hugh or another expert here to give a little detail on how what happened in Louisville develops.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
it does seem like most of the rain fell into the noxubee/tombigbee river basin and not as much in the pearl.
About 70% of Winston Co. is in the Pearl basin. I was told Ackerman/Choctaw Co. got a bunch of rain too within that same basin. It's going to be a problem for Jackson, no doubt.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login