Jackson State #1 recruit

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
I don't follow recruiting, so let me know if I'm missing something, but Jackson State landing the #1 recruit has to be one of the biggest recruiting stories in modern history.

I assume it was made possible by an NIL deal. Again, I don't follow recruiting, so feel free to correct me. But if there is an NIL deal, I guess anyone that said NIL wouldn't change the distribution of talent can admit they were wrong.

ETA: To be clear, I'm all for it. I love student athletes getting compensated. I love Prime Time. I love Barstool. I love the playing field being leveled.

Last edited:

JML105

Sep 4, 2012
I believe it was made possible through either a German beer or car company NIL deal, but I may be wrong.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
If the kid got chunk of money for signing I sincerely hope coach prime or someone gives his some stern advice about flashing any coin around Jackson.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
According to Prime there was no money involved and Portnoy was not involved. I heard thst straight out his mouth. True or not ? Anyway...Im with you thatsbaseball.....not sure where he grew up but if you flash a couple hondos or some gold you can get in a tight spot real quick

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
According to Sports Talk Barstool Sports was involved with an NIL

According to Prime there was no money involved and Portnoy was not involved. I heard thst straight out his mouth. True or not ? Anyway...Im with you thatsbaseball.....not sure where he grew up but if you flash a couple hondos or some gold you can get in a tight spot real quick

Based on history of college football he got a bundle for signing with JSU and good for him. The NIL is in place and now it is above board so the money can be taxed. It is funny because the day after NIL was announced Alabama's freshman QB got some huge money deals for signing with Alabama. Before it was under the table but Saban made sure it was announced it to attract the attention of other 5 star athletes. Personally, I'm happy for JSU to make such a splash.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login