Jackson State is about to fire yet another President

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Weird.

The IHL voted to renew his contract in January too.

Not really weird. I would suspect any competent leader would be hated by faculty. They're not going to like anybody that tries to force the school to follow budgets and lets reality infringe on their little bubble.

Now he may be getting a no confidence vote from the faculty because he really is incompetent, but I wouldn't assume that's the case.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Not really weird. I would suspect any competent leader would be hated by faculty. They're not going to like anybody that tries to force the school to follow budgets and lets reality infringe on their little bubble.

Now he may be getting a no confidence vote from the faculty because he really is incompetent, but I wouldn't assume that's the case.

Well, I was checking Jambalaya for scuttlebutt and saw this but I'm confused & am wondering what kind of employee matter are we talking about here...:

Kingfish note: Don't be surprised if the Board dismisses the President or accepts his resignation. Sources say the issue is an employee matter along the lines of what took place at the VA last year.

From: http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2023/03/ihl-board-calls-emergency-meeting-to.html

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021

I seem to recall that Foglesong was about to get a "no-cofidence" vote from the MSU faculty senate the same day the announcement of his departure.

The reality of university administration is that if one attempts to make everyone happy, the leadership is not doing its job (true of leadership in general, actually). However, in the case of faculty, it's easier to fire one person as opposed to firing several hundred.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
That's a reference to former Mississippi Department of Veterans Affairs ED, Stacey Pickering, giving hot beef injections to a female subordinate.
Doesn't sound like there was any "ED"**********************

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
the state IHL board is who hires Presidents. Blame their incompetence. Or ignorance
It is interesting that it seems that just about every IHL presidential hire of the past several years has a better than 50/50 chance of a swirl of controversy.

Perhaps independent Boards of Regents/Trustees would be a better organizational structure for each of the four research insititutions and 4 "regional" institutions.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021

Considering that JSU had about a week of operating cash back in the 2016, things seem to have progressed in an improved trajectory.

IHL investigates potential financial crisis at Jackson State

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
"Hot Beef Injections" has now been added to the SixPack lexicon. You'd think it would have already been a thing what with all the Ole Miss fans on this board. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login