Jans adds a PG

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Clary had ranked in the top-10 in scoring in the Big Ten Conference, when Penn State head coach Mike Rhoades announced in mid-February that Clary was no longer part of the Penn State roster, due to a coach's decision.

Happy to see we are adding a guard that can shoot and put up points.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
The coach that signed him took the Notre Dame job last offseason, so he & the new coaching staff probably were not on the same page. It also looks he dealt with a couple of different minor injuries this season.

msudawg200

Feb 1, 2012
Interesting. Looks like a good player, so I certainly wouldn’t turn him down, but I wonder about fit. Looks to be of a similar mold as Hubbard (size, shoot first PG or combo guard). Wonder how that will mesh with them on the floor together both offensively, but especially defensively. Also considering Shaq Moore’s possible return (I know Shaq is a little bigger but still undersized for a SG). That would make a pretty undersized backcourt. Makes me hope that we find a SG/SF with some size to help balance that a little.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I think the fact a coach kicked a player who was top 10 in the conference in scoring off the team probably tells us all we need to know.
I dunno, no matter the situation that’s eye opening. Last thing we need is another Renardo Sidney. I always trusted Stansburys evaluations until that one, and it ended his career (sorry WKU).

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
The coach that signed him took the Notre Dame job last offseason, so he & the new coaching staff probably were not on the same page. It also looks he dealt with a couple of different minor injuries this season.

Lol, yeah, this kid had minor injuries so we're going to kick him off the team..........Something happened for them go in a different direction......If it's an issue with the coaches why couldn't they have let him play 3 more weeks, unless he was the issue............

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
I dunno, no matter the situation that’s eye opening. Last thing we need is another Renardo Sidney. I always trusted Stansburys evaluations until that one, and it ended his career (sorry WKU).
It's not a definite deal-breaker, but it is a pretty big red flag. I hope he's got a damn good explanation for why he got kicked off the team.

Reactions: eckie1

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Penn State fans think he was a ball hog. Was demoted to the bench during the season.
Strange position addition too since we have a high scoring small guard already. May be just an availability aspect, because he is considered the 11th best PG in the transfer portal.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Jans built his entire HC career before he came here on “second chance” guys. This dude scored 17 a game in the Big 10. We have severely lacked in offensive ability the last two years. You take him for the upside and trust Jans to keep him in line, as he has with other guys in the past.

We do not get a scoring talent like this without some level of risk attached. Just a fact.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Huge get. He was a holdover from the previous staff.

Had a concussion mid-season and had to miss three games. They were slow to get his minutes back to normal, and he let it be known he was going to transfer. They agreed to part ways.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login