Jans is a coach

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
He damn near sure knows how to coach team defense. I really like making a name for ourselves with the way we play defense because sooner or later in future years, we'll start finding some people who will light up the scoreboard for us.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
If he knocks off UK in the Hump and breaks our long dry spell against them, you have to think thats the perfect time to shitcan him. It would just be getting too hot in the kitchen from that point forward.
Our dry spell is only 1 game lol. We beat them in the 2021 SECT

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Arky better talent, we have a better coach!
For those that may not follow the recruiting money train as closely as others, Musselman had the #2 class in the country this year. Three 5* and three 4* with the worst signee in the class being more highly rated than anyone we’ve landed since 2018(Perry). To outplay that team on the road really is a hell of a coaching job

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
We need a regular season win in the modern era. It's been far too long. I feel like if we win this we're dancing as long as we beat USCe.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
What do you more knowledgeable hoops folks think are the main reasons for our great D Jans incorporated since his arrival? I'm sure coaching has a lot to do with but are there other things involved like athleticism, speed, quick feet, length and smart coachable players? Proud of this team. The win is great for our resume but what's also just as great was the effort and skills needed to get that win that few predicted which bodes well from here on out. Good seeing Jans get a little revenge for his final game at NMSU.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
What do you more knowledgeable hoops folks think are the main reasons for our great D Jans incorporated since his arrival? I'm sure coaching has a lot to do with but are there other things involved like athleticism, speed, quick feet, length and smart coachable players? Proud of this team. The win is great for our resume but what's also just as great was the effort and skills needed to get that win that few predicted which bodes well from here on out. Good seeing Jans get a little revenge for his final game at NMSU.
Two things: Physicality and the ability to defend the 3. We are 4th in the SEC and 44th in the nation in 3 point fg% against. Only Tennessee, Alabama and Auburn are better in the SEC. In regard to physicality, go listen to opposing coaches in their press conference before and after our games. That word keeps coming up across the board. Musselman mentioned it earlier in the week about the matchup with us. Pearl, Oates and others have mentioned it when describing us.

When we can defend the 3 and be physical down low, good things are going to happen. With that said, it only takes the right referee crew to 17 that up and put us in a spot,

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
And I was there with my son, we sat in the stands afterwards just taking it all in...then afterwards, my son rang his cowbell (left in car) while leaving the Rupp parking lot. There was an snow storm prior, so traffic was slower than usual making the ringing even more choice.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login