Jerious gets screwed again....

M

MsuD00D

Falcons just signed Michael Turner to a huge 6 year deal.

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
..a few weeks ago that he isn't looking to be an every down back.

Surprised, but I think he's best in a system that splits carries. He's tough as nails but just injury-prone to be an every down back. Splitting carries also leaves some gas in the tank for those explosive 60 yard runs.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________He's tough as nails but just injury-prone to be an every down back._________________________________________________
Do you mean he's too small, because Jerious has never really had injury problems.

Eureka Dog

Feb 25, 2008
RB's that can give you approximately 220-280 carries a season.

The physicality of today's NFL has led to too many "heavy carry" guys getting too banged up by the time the home stretch of the season (leading into the playoffs) comes around.

Even the new Falcon RB probably will not get more than 300 carries during the season.

The Big Slick

Aug 29, 2006
because of an injury.

The only time I ever remember him getting hurt was against Ole Miss in 2005. Whatever the problem was, he managed to shake it off, sprint out of the locker room, back into the game, and proceded to kick their *** all by himself...

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
If you look at his entire playing career, he hasn't had many injury problems, certainly not out of the ordinary for a football player, especially a running back of his size.

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
A shoulder, a knee, an ankle. Nothing serious. Not that I've been counting, but I'd guess he averages being out 3-4 games/season. I think the NFL wants part-time RBs to be more durable than that.

MrBigDawg

Aug 8, 2007
I had hoped he would have a career in Atlanta... but screw the Falcons. They can't see the jewel they have so I hope he ends up somewhere he is appreciated and use up to his full potential. I wish Green BAy would get him and Farve would take advantage of his pass catching capabilities out of the backfield... and he and Donald Lee could tear it up together.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
He could replace Julius Jones, be the speed back to complement Marion Barber, and help the Dallas Cowboys regain their rightful place as the premiere franchise in all pro sports.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login